Comments

Comments

• Joe
    October 07, 2012 - 15:52

This takes the Man right out of garbage..lol

• a business man
    October 06, 2012 - 11:34

I think this is a good thing. Since the job of garbage collectors just got easier, we should pay them less or find people who will work for less. Simply put, the worker is doing less, and thus should earn less. When this technology has been rolled out in other cities, the result is that less garbage men were needed. Hopefully, the same will happen in Mount Pearl. Using technology to replace workers is always a good thing!

• city girl
    October 06, 2012 - 10:35

This works great if you've got a place to store/hide those monster containers for the other 6 days of the week! Not everyone has that luxury.....I think a new eyesore is being created here!

• Paul
    October 06, 2012 - 09:41

it seems like a good idea but is it really going to work out because you have teenagers and etc out in the night time destroying stuff and they be tipping these all over the streets giving motorists a safety hazzard let alone the public safety that will be voilated at the time if this happen, it seems like the city of st johns and city of mount pearl has been looking what they have in the united states and yes it is good they are moving up in the technology and giving the workers they full safety, but is this going to work out thats the question ? is the teenagers going to not destroy the bins ? will there be a safety hazzard or any other hazard or anything at all that may go wrong putting these bins on the crub side ? there is alot of more questions but not enough answers that was only a few i just said, its not just the workers safety you need to look into the future and see if it will be worth it and is the general public safe with no issues

• Political Watcher
    October 06, 2012 - 09:18

I am still waiting for an answer to a couple of key questions I have: As these carts are mandated and officially owned by the City, I would like an answer to the following. In the event the container is blown and hits a neighbours vehicle or one is blown and hits my vehicle, who is responsible? If my container is stolen, who pays the replacement? I would like Walsh, Simms, High Five Tessier or any other to please provide an answer.

• it didnt work for st johns years ago
    October 06, 2012 - 08:33

this plan was tried years ago in St. JOhn's and it didn't work. THe containers do not hold that much garbage and are extremely awkward and heavy to move. This winter I will be in the final trimester of my pregnancy with a husband who travels for work. I KNOW now that I will be unable to maneuver this monstrosity from our backyard (or side of the house for that matter) down to the curb on garbage day. These should be reconsidered. Obviously council did not look into why this idea was scrapped by the city of St. JOhns around maybe 10 years ago. Well done Simms well Done :(

• Denise
    October 06, 2012 - 07:52

Woohoo! Mount Pearl, first again. Can't wait. I think nets and dirty old blankets are disgusting and an eye sore. Thanks Mount Pearl.