The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) is currently recruiting for the 2013-14 Police Recruit Training Program.
The RNC, in conjunction with Memorial University of Newfoundland, has successfully trained eight classes of police cadets to date. The Police Studies Program began in 2004 and has resulted in 192 cadets successfully completing the Police Studies Program.
Public information sessions are being held throughout the province, beginning next week, to answer questions about the training program and to outline the application process to potential candidates. Women and men who are interested in a career as a police officer are encouraged to attend.
The following is the information session schedule:
• Monday, Oct. 15 - Memorial University, Room ED 1020, 6:30 p.m. female only session and 8:30 p.m. general session;
• Tuesday, Oct. 16 - College of the North Atlantic, Carbonear campus (lecture theatre) 4 - 5:30 p.m. general session;
• Monday, Oct. 22 - College of the North Atlantic, Burin campus (Room 1110) 4:30 - 6 p.m. general session;
• Tuesday, Oct. 23 - College of the North Atlantic, Bonavista Campus (Room A114) 4 - 5:30 p.m. general session;
• Wednesday, Oct. 24 - Grenfell Campus, Arts & Science Building, Corner Brook (Room AS378) 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. female only session and 5:30 p.m. general session;
• Thursday, Oct. 25 - College of the North Atlantic, Baie Verte Campus (Room TBD) 4 p.m. general session.
Application packages and information on the recruiting process are available on the RNC website at www.rnc.gov.nl.ca or the nearest RNC detachment. They can also be obtained by contacting the RNC Recruiting Unit at (709) 729-8729 or by email at email@example.com.