Woman in jail after suspected robbery spree

Rosie Mullaley
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Thirty-five-year-old allegedly held up 10 businesses in three days

Lynn Ann Noseworthy, 35, of St. John’s is led into provincial court Friday afternoon. Noseworthy faces 20 charges of robbery, attempted robbery and wearing a mask in the commission of a crime. — Photo by Gary Hebbard/The Telegram

Ten robberies in three days and 20 charges.

It all added up to a whole lot of trouble with the law for a St. John’s woman who reportedly went on a robbery spree in the metro area.

Lynn Ann Noseworthy appeared in provincial court in St. John’s late Friday afternoon.

The 35-year-old ducked to avoid reporters’ cameras as she was led into Courtroom No. 7. Once inside, she covered her face with her hand and kept it there for the rest of the proceedings, which took just five minutes.

One by one, Judge Greg Brown read the charges to her.

In all, she faces five counts of robbery, five counts of attempted robbery and 10 counts of having her faced masked in each of them.

Prosecutor William Cadigan told the judge the Crown was opposed to releasing her from custody.

As a result, duty counsel Jane Fitzpatrick suggested they set the case over until Monday for a possible bail hearing.

Noseworthy was taken back to jail until then.

“She’s never been in trouble before,” Noseworthy’s cousin told reporters in the courtroom.

But she certainly is now.

Police say Noseworthy hit 10 businesses in St. John’s and Mount Pearl between Wednesday and early Friday morning.

They say she managed to get cash at some of the places, but not all.

There were no reports of injuries to store employees.

RNC officers from patrol services, K9 and forensic identification section responded to the robberies. As a result of a co-ordinated response, general investigation unit made the arrest.

Noseworthy was arrested shortly before 4:30 a.m. Friday without incident.

The dates, times and locations of the robberies are:

‰ Wednesday, Oct. 31— 5:40 a.m. at the Ultramar, Freshwater Road in St. John’s.

‰ Thursday, Nov. 1 — 7:22 p.m. at Hobo’s Pizza on Empire Avenue, St. John’s; 7:34 p.m. at Needs Convenience on Merrymeeting Road, St. John’s; 9:35 p.m. at Stockwood’s Bakery on Freshwater Road, St. John’s; 9:43 p.m. at Domino’s Pizza on Freshwater Road, St. John’s; 9:54 p.m. at Marie’s Mini Mart on Crosbie Road, St. John’s.

‰ Friday, Nov. 2, 1:17 a.m. at the Ultramar on Commonwealth Avenue, Mount Pearl; 1:23 a.m. at the Irving on Topsail Road, St. John’s; 3:56 a.m. at Ultramar on Waldegrave Street, St. John’s; and 4:06 a.m. at the Ultramar on Blackmarsh Road, St. John’s.

The RNC general investigation unit is continuing to investigate and is seeking the assistance of the general public. Anyone who may have information in relation to these crimes is asked to contact the RNC at 729-8000 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be provided anonymously on the NL Crime Stoppers website at  www.nlcrimestoppers.com.


Twitter: TelyCourt

Organizations: Ultramar, Crime Stoppers, Mini Mart Irving

Geographic location: Freshwater Road, Mount Pearl, Merrymeeting Road Crosbie Road Commonwealth Avenue Topsail Road Waldegrave Street Blackmarsh Road

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page



Recent comments

  • justice
    March 28, 2013 - 00:48

    On Nov. 2, 2012, LynnAnn Noseworthy, was accused of robbing 10 businesses. Within hours of her arrest, she was taken to hospital suffering back pain. The pain she was enduring was, in fact, her liver in a state of swelling and acute malfunction, flooding LynnAnn’s brain with deadly mind-destroying ammonia and enzymes, a condition known as hepatic encephalopathy. If untreated, it is fatal.( she poped alot of pills) Upon being released on bail, she lay in bed, sick and in pain. We were unaware she was slowly dying from acute liver failure until she had total hepatic failure on Dec. 16 — rushed to hospital where she stayed in acute care for the next six days. She was only hours from death, but thanks to the aggressive treatment and great staff at the Health Sciences Centre, she pulled through. This whole ordeal has left her with greatly reduced mental capacity (a lot like Alzheimer’s disease) and extreme memory loss, both short and long term. LynnAnn was physically sick, we just didn’t know it until it almost killed her. Public attacks were swift The public was lightning-fast in crucifying this sweet, caring, young girl, when in reality she was knocking on death’s door and crying for help. shes 35 and got cuaght robbing places.... Hyper ammonia levels in her brain reduced her ability to reason beyond the level of a five-year-old child. LynnAnn’s liver was never suspected in years past because she is a non-drinker and non-smoker. she just pops pills. LynnAnn is at home under 24 hour care by steve and is improving slowly with promise. Of course she is scared after learning what she is accused of doing. Scared like a five-year-old child. ..that gets caught after taking the cookies, and blames it on the dog... so please be kind .

  • Steve
    February 13, 2013 - 19:43

    The guard in this photo is Tina. She turned out to be Lynn's best friend at the courthouse. The young Sheriff is a perfect example of how kindness can help change a life. She won't be forgotten and has been given 1000 words of praise in Lynn's chronicle

  • Robbie
    January 22, 2013 - 09:37

    This woman was suffering from a neurological disorder know as Hepatic Encephalopy at the time of this ALLEGED EVENT She was truly not in her right state of mind There was no violence or injury (except to her ) It seems to me the puplic are only after something to gossip about on a slow news day As if your nasty weather wasn't enough She needs to be suported in her hour of need

  • Byron Hatfield
    December 04, 2012 - 09:53

    I heard this bandit is only four foot nine inches tall. She illuded police for 10 hours in a confined city. Where were the police ? Coffee break ? They said she was driving a big old blue pick up truck. How many of these are on the road at four am ? She obviousely needed help and no one was around to give it. Not even the RNC. Sad, very sad.