Comments

Comments

• S.DesRoches
    November 08, 2012 - 00:24

.. The man that died was my husband.. and I do not feel that these stories have been very accurate.. I am praying daily that the other man survives.. There are many stories going around about what actually happened.. I have spoken to the fire dept, police, and many others.. was able to find out what happened.. but.. in the end.. it really doesnt matter what happened.. its over.. I dont feel that there should be any blame put to anyone.. what has happened.. nothing can be changed... my sincere condolences go out to the other family..

• george
    November 07, 2012 - 06:32

i agree mom my son was one of the drivers it was on the news before i even found out about it it`s very disrespectful of them now i have to pray everyday for my son. feel so sorry for the family that lost ther son

• Eli
    November 06, 2012 - 14:51

So which vehicle was on the wrong side of the road?

• karen
    November 05, 2012 - 22:38

my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of these two men...

• josh
      November 06, 2012 - 13:29

thanks the one that was driving the tiburon is my cousin

• Donny Dooley
    November 05, 2012 - 22:26

I like the 'immediate' pictures. That's what good reporters do. I'd rather not have to wait for "MOM" to 'okay' the release of the shots. Listen, if you don't like the pictures don't look at them. Good work Tely....keep the pics comin'!

• Marie
    November 05, 2012 - 18:37

Sorry Albert, but I disagree with some of your argument. To me, the real problem is people who treat this road the same as the conception bay highway (main rd.). People are constantly on this road driving 60 to 70 km, even when the weather and visibility is good. Other motorists attempt to pass these drivers in an often unsafe fashion. Yes, there should be passing lanes in certain areas, but both speeders and drivers who disrupt the flow of traffic should be held accountable. This doesn't seem to be the case in this accident and my heart goes out to the family.

• CHRISTINA
    November 05, 2012 - 17:11

Our prayers are going out to both familys. May God guide you through this.

• SLR
    November 05, 2012 - 15:07

Another tragedy-condolences to the Family. Once again,the telegram has no cooth on how to word an article...it is very disturbing to see the word DEAD used, have some respect please!

• Jean
    November 05, 2012 - 14:18

Got to agree with that. Very, very sad.

• Albert
    November 05, 2012 - 14:11

The Veteran's Highway is a deathtrap.How many more people will be killed or injured before something is done? The speed limit is 100km, but many drivers often go well over 140km or more. There are no passing lanes and people pass on blind hills and when they shouldn't pass and the police are rarely seen on this road enforcing the speed limit. Avoid this road at all costs if you want to be safe.

• Eli
      November 05, 2012 - 19:57

You take your life in your hands too by taking the Conception Bay By-Pass. Speed limit there is 90kmh. A real joke. These roads were supposed to be divided but Liberal expediency dictated otherwise.

• MOM
    November 05, 2012 - 12:46

Gee thanks to the media for their immediate photos of the accident vehicles... I think it is very disrespectful to the family members who have to see that their kin was a victim of a fatal motor vehicle accident on the news... but yet you are not allowed to give out a name until all next of kin has been notified.. HAVE SOME RESPECT...

• Melissa
      November 05, 2012 - 14:58

It was actually a very close family friend. Some of the family didn't know until 3 today. This was posted way before some family was even contacted...