Comments

Comments

• Eloise
    November 17, 2012 - 14:12

This is a wonderful story. I have a question-since I am not a cat owner. Last year a beautiful Maine coon cat arrived on my deck just as winter was starting. I felt sorry for it and tried to catch it but to no avail. I provided it with an igloo and food every day and it meowed and stayed on the deck area. Finally it got to be very cold at night and snow came. I put ads in the papers to find an adopter. Finally a nice lady said she would adopt and give him a forver home. I was able to lure the cat into the house and get him in a cage and she came and picked him up. This was January 3rd 2012. End of story? Not. This past week the cat is back. Now this woman lives in another county-at least 25 miles from here. I tried in vain to call her to ask if she knew the cat was gone. Phone disconnected. Now can someone tell me HOW this cat got back to my deck and why? I am so amazed.

• rl
      January 19, 2013 - 11:44

sorry just saw your post; hope you can give cat food and water and brush him, also maybe give him a home; maybe the lady could not keep him and abandoned him very close to your home?

• volunteer
    November 14, 2012 - 11:40

If your pet is lost, you should also contact the local no-kill rescue group, heavenlycreatures.ca

• Gail Bradbury
    November 13, 2012 - 20:26

So happy to hear of Harley's return to a loving animal family.

• Kathy Lewis
    November 13, 2012 - 12:12

Heartwarming story. Always good to hear about the kindness of others.

• Mary
    November 13, 2012 - 08:54

Nice story...

• Setterowner
    November 13, 2012 - 08:34

As a Setter owner that would never own another breed, so glad to hear a happy ending to this story. Sentences like this which I dont think are a quote from the owner but from the author of this article leave me with a sour taste in my mouth "“We didn’t do dishes or anything,” said Rodney, who does not use Harley for hunting. He is among their beloved family pets and has his own room." This sentence assumes that people that use their dogs for hunting dont think the same of them. Truth is that many of these dogs that are not used for hunting become extremely bored and and a higher tendency to roam when they get off lead. My dogs have always been used for hunting and sleep at night on my bed. They receive dog food that is $80+ a bag, have all lived to be 14yrs + and are happy dogs. It would be nice if articles regarding hunting breeds didnt always have to put a spin that assumes dogs that are hunted are unhappy, abused and unloved. In fact in majority of cases it is the complete opposite.