The RNC is reminding Christmas shoppers to take precautions to prevent thefts from vehicles at malls and stores leadilng up to the holidays.
The RNC offers the following tips to reduce the chances of vehicle break-ins and thefts:
• Do not leave parcels, cell phones, electronics or other valuables in plain view inside an unattended vehicle.
• Ensure vehicles are locked.
• Conceal parcels in the trunk and move vehicles to distant locations in the parking lot before returning to the mall to continue shopping. Park vehicles in well-lit areas whenever possible.
• Make expensive purchases at the end of shopping trips and take them home immediately.
• Be aware of drawing attention by carrying multiple bags from expensive or popular stores or by openly sorting through purchases while taking breaks from shopping.
• Don't flash your money. Protect PIN codes when making purchases with debit or credit cards.
• Be aware of suspicious people and vehicles in parking lots.