Comments

Comments

• Wallace Ryan
    December 02, 2012 - 11:34

The "FREE NFLD" on George Street was actually taken from a poster I did myself, that circulated in St. John's in the early 80's long before the graffiti appeared. It also appeared in a comic strip I did for the Muse called "Confederation Follies". So, no, the graffitti was a homage to my slogan and not the other way around. Check out the Wikipedia entry, which is more accurate and factual about the origin of the phrase. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Newfoundland

• jimbo
    November 27, 2012 - 00:03

free nfld with purchase of beverage

• newfoundlander
    November 26, 2012 - 20:54

" A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. " toronto is a hole.. fast paced smelly dirty cold mean lol im going back to NF!! 10 years was too long to be away i cant wait to get back to fresh air and friendly faces

• mifflinmanual
    November 26, 2012 - 14:20

Newfoundland and Labrador NO PRICE TAGS ON THE DOORS OF NEWFOUNDLAND !

• hockeyfan
    November 26, 2012 - 10:13

Let's have Labrador as their own province with no more handouts from the Government and Newfoundland can stay with Canada. Problem solved.

• W McLean
      November 26, 2012 - 11:24

Which handouts would those be?

• lol
    November 26, 2012 - 10:03

the guy wouldn't be famous in Newfoundland, that's why he moved to Toronto. I know one guy who takes credit for most of these tags as he's moved there recently. Free Newfoundland indeed. Unfortunately there's no one here that has a clue how to run a province, let alone a country. Whatever. I'm a Newfoundlander, not a Canadian. At least until World Hockey starts up.

• saelcove
    November 26, 2012 - 09:30

Free from what and i do not need a tee shirt to tell me who i am

• Stick in the mud
    November 26, 2012 - 07:27

I really think it's unwise to glorify vandalism. Imagine what the downtown would look like with another tagger on the loose. Property owners are already having a hard enough time. The tagger is breaking the law.

• AGG
      November 26, 2012 - 10:02

Business spends thousands of $$$ to remove graffiti that some dirtbag did with a $5 can of paint. Find them and make them remove it. The stores know who buys paint regularly.

• Dean
    November 26, 2012 - 06:16

I agree 100%, free Labrador from Nfld.

• Ash
      November 26, 2012 - 20:48

theres no price tags on the doors of newfoundland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVODb56sWsU the rest of the world really needs to learn from newfies! simple living.. friendly.. hilarious! we'd give the shirt off our back to a neighbor in need even if it was our only one.. my coworker whos from vancouver says "newfies, best dam ppl in da world by' lol "