Muskrat Falls dominated debate in the province’s legislature today as MHAs took their first opportunity to debate the federal loan guarantee announcement on Friday in Labrador by Prime Minster Stephen Harper.
The term sheet which forms the basis of the guarantee has not been publicly released, but Natural Resources Minister Jerome Kennedy said it will be made public.
Liberal Leader Dwight Ball focused his questions on the details of the loan guarantee and whether Nova Scotia partner Emera can scuttle things by pulling out any time before 2014.
- Read more special articles :
- - Demand for new energy is clear: government
- - The bill on Muskrat Falls
- - Debate could go to committee level: prof
- - Update: No Muskrat Falls debate: Darin King
New Democrat Leader Lorraine Michael also focused on Muskrat Falls, pressing the government to send the project back to the province's Public Utilities Board.
More details in Tuesday’s full edition of The Telegram.