Comments

Comments

• Cousin
    January 03, 2013 - 14:55

What makes this picture more disturbing to me is that this is unfortuntally how the family found out about the incident. This picture was floating around the internet (ie facebook) and other media sites (VOCM) before the family was even notified by authority. Needless to say they soon realized it was their beloved daughter/grand-daughter/sister. My opinion the journalist that posted this picture really should be ashamed of themselves.

• reality
    December 11, 2012 - 22:49

i have been reading the comments on this news article...everyone seems to be so concerned because the newspaper published a picture of the accident...now in all reality do it matter if the newspaper posted the picture or facebook posted the picture...in this new age we are living everyone and tom's dog got a cell phone and i am sure someone had a picture of that scene long before the newspaper got a picture...that is life now...you either see it in newspaper or see it on facebook...her family might just see it no matter where or who posted it...just saying...again media takes the rap...no i do not work for any media...my prayers to the family of all involved in the accident

• Laurie
      January 03, 2013 - 15:19

Please keep in mind that yes the media is taking the rap- however this accident happened at 2:30 in the afternoon and by 3pm this picture was posted and on the telegram website, and eventually it was "shared" on facebook. And THAT is how her the family found out. So to point fingers at those who own a Mobil device in this care is incorrect- it was in fact the media that was the first one to break this picture.

• elaine
    December 11, 2012 - 12:50

I think it's very disturbing to see a picture like this posted shortly after the accident happened.Remember that this girl has a mother who wouldn't want to see this.My condolences go out to the family.I can't imagine what the family must be going through right now..It's definitely an eye opener and put there to make the public aware but it IS DISTASTEFUL in my opinion. I

• Geoff
    December 10, 2012 - 18:09

You can report a Hebron KKC truck by telling the police the BIG NUMBER on the rear of the truck. We are required to drive under the speed limit.

• Lisa
    December 09, 2012 - 13:18

So, I've been noticing that people are "disgusted" by the picture of the crash that has been posted. Honestly, my jaw dropped when I saw it too. And my condolences go out to the family and friends of the young woman.. But, the picture should be an eye opener to us - accidents happen, this looks like a very high speed collision from the looks of the crushed car.. At this time of year, the road conditions may not be very good, and you have to take your time and be very cautious - of your own driving, and others. Always be on the look out for an accident waiting to happen, and be alert when you are driving. It is such a shame that this happened, and this news clip doesn't really give us much information on the details of the accident... Scary to think that my own Honda civic could get crushed like that in a collision with a bigger vehicle. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family at this difficult time.

• anon
    December 08, 2012 - 15:08

this photo was posted within hours of the accident - disgraceful! Should not have been posted at all. How would you feel if it was someone you loved. Imagine the anguish! I also think of others that may have traveled the highway close to the time of this accident in a similar vehicle, what unnecessary anxious moments did it cause them? My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones left behind. My hopes for a speedy recovery are with the two survivors.

• hslaw
    December 08, 2012 - 07:16

so so sad but I have to be honest I wouldn't want to be the mom or dad look at this picture Sorry but that may be just me

• Marie Pelley
    December 08, 2012 - 06:56

MY HEARTFELY SYMPATHY GO TO THE FAMILIES OF YOU THE YOUNG WOMAN KILLED IN THIS TRAGIC ACCIDENT.SO VERY SAD AT ANYTIME.BUT SO MUCH HARDER WITH THE CHRISTMAS SEASON FAST APPROACHING.EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW THE FAMILIES PLEASE BE ASSURED OF MANY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GOING YOUR WAY.

• Keith
    December 07, 2012 - 19:10

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

• JUST SAYING
    December 07, 2012 - 18:42

That turn off continues to be a death trap. You have to keep you wits about you when travelling that stretch of the TCH, especially if you are turning onto the Burin Peninsula Highway or turning off it. My sympathy to the family of the deceased and praying the other two individuals will be ok.

• Random
    December 07, 2012 - 17:59

I think it is disrespectful to have those pictures on there!

• T peddle
    December 07, 2012 - 16:49

my heart goes out to all the families involved,my prayers and condolences to everyone

• Bob
    December 07, 2012 - 15:34

Time to do something about all those big trucks and the driver bullies on the road.Not saying that was the cause of this accident ,but these big trucks are everywhere and they are dangerous on the roads as they crush any other vehicle they come into contact with while receiving little damages/injuries themselves. Just look at the picture above. They also block the view when other drivers are trying to turn and their headlights are blinding and glare into your face when you are coming towards them at night. No need for these big trucks unless for commercial purposes.Usually only one guy in them anyway sporting around wasting fuel.

• Loretta
      December 11, 2012 - 16:00

what big truck? she was hit by a pick up truck not a 18 wheeler....if you think this is big then you have problems...I drive a truck the size of this and its no different then driving a single cab truck,my dodge ram doesnt make me as big as an 18 wheeler or as powerful,for you to feel this way you must drive a very small car ,and did you ever even stop for one minute to think maybe just maybe the weather was the fault of the accident or the young woman and not the driver of the truck,this is something we won't know because the police won't let that info out,but really who cares who or what is the fault it is a shame what happen to everyone involved and all the families,even of the men in the truck,that is something that needs to be remembered too,she wasn't the only person in this accident. just my 2 cents worth :)

• c
    December 07, 2012 - 15:11

This is absolutely disgusting to post this picture for all to see. My heart goes out to the poor family of the deceased that will never get this image out of their mind.

• sean
    December 07, 2012 - 15:04

I think it is disgusting that the telegram posts pictures of a terrible accident that happened today. Give it some time for the family to find out at least.

• Anne
    December 07, 2012 - 15:00

Gee the poor person in the Honda really never had a chance here did they?

• c
    December 07, 2012 - 14:55

• Vanessa
    December 07, 2012 - 14:04

This is so sad. This close to the holidays. Hearbreaking for the family involved. My condolences to everyone.

• Concerned Driver
      December 07, 2012 - 15:43

I hope this serves as a wake up call for everyone. Anyone in the area has noticed the rise in population in the area due to Bull Arm, Long Harbour and the refinary. These people would also notice the amout of traffic increase as a part of these projects. I have been driving back and forth on many occasion and have witness trucks and cars pass by me in what i thought was a high speed chase. Most of the time its the White (KKC) trucks. Im not so sure the jobs are that great there from the way i heard people are being treated, so why the premium rush to get to work in the morning. To get back to my point, this sort of accident will happen over and over again if the drivers on this streatch of road don't take action. The need to have more RCMP survalence of this area. And the people who work in Bull Arm need to SLOW DOWN... its only 50km, do you need to get there 1min faster...COME ON!!! I wish there was a number or email that you could report these compamy trucks too, they should be setting an example for the rest of the public on Safety. Isn't that what EXXON is all about. I hope this dosen't happen again, And my heart goes out tho the family and friends of the victims. Peace and safety to you All!!

• Disgusted
      December 08, 2012 - 06:15

I am disgusted that within a matter of hours of a person dying in a tragic accident, your paper felt the need to post such a disturbing picture. Where is the compassion for the family and friends of the young woman? Journalism at it's worst in my opinion!!