Comments

Comments

• carla
    December 20, 2012 - 17:32

Gander Academy went into Lock Down as well this morning. And this afternoon there was a second Letter received at Gander Academy and then they went into Lockdown aswell. My son was in School this afternoon... Its a very immature person, with no morals, respect, have not been shown the right from wrong and who are crying for attention. I hope the RCMP find this demented person, but yet again it will probally be a slap on the rest.. So sad but so true..

• Umm
    December 20, 2012 - 16:51

If the threat is a bomb, the reaction does not make sense. Wouldn't you want to get everyone out of and away from the building instead of keeping them in. Like a few years ago, there was a bomb threat at the Atlantic Place Court House, they cleared the building, but people hang out on the doorstep.

• Sonja
    December 20, 2012 - 16:17

Unfortunately this student who wrote this letter was wondering "What would happen if I did this?" Instead of thinking "I wonder what would happen to ME if i did this?" It is a medical known fact that the human brain can not comprehend "consequence" until the age of 21...or older! This student obviously had no clue how stupid his actions would be!!

• Candace
    December 20, 2012 - 15:37

I think children should be kept home until this person is caught I mean really do you think its wise to let them go to school while the person is still out there! I mean what if it's not just a threat I got kids in these schools and I'd rather keep them home out of harms way. I'm pretty sure a lot of parents feel the same way .the school systems and the RCMP say they have it under control but if so then why are kids still going to school and this person still out there . You can't take this as an empty threat because with the way things are going who really knows what could really happen!

• Corinne
    December 20, 2012 - 13:57

Morals don't necessarily come from a religious background. Prayer won't stop a person if they intend to do harm. Respect and moral must be taught at home, from the parents. . I knew plenty of kids growing up who were in the Salvation Army with me who did a lot of bad things growing up , things they knew were wrong and all the while going to church and playing the "good person". My family taught me right from wrong, period and my Mom did not tolerate disrespect and lies. It was her firm but loving way that made me a good person and I did not stop being a good person because I no longer go to church as an adult.

• Claudette
    December 20, 2012 - 11:47

You know it is time parents to not only talk to their children about being accountable for their actions but also discipline you kids! It seems we are living in a world where children ,kids and teens alike are aloud to do as they please without any repercussions! Then you wonder why senseless acts of killing and threats are happening and becoming reality..Put Prayer and Respect BACK in our schools..Kids have NO foundation of morals anymore. Teachers and authority have NO control or have the respect they so highly deserve.. When are you going to get this???

• Angie
    December 20, 2012 - 10:47

This is beyond sad. Someone obviously knowing the panic this would bring after Newtown, Connecticut. Whats worse is with our justice system, technically all it is is uttering threats ... Slap on the wrist ... Especially if its a youth.

• Jeff
    December 20, 2012 - 10:30

In the past this was a no-brainer, some failing student calls in threat on the day of an exam to avoid another F. But nowadays where nobody fails and cheating is encouraged what would be the point.