Grease on stove causes kitchen fire in Lewin's Cove

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

A pot of grease cooking on a stove at a home in Lewin's Cove was the point of origin for a fire over the weekend.

Burin Peninsula RCMP responded to the fire at 2 p.m. on Sunday.

Police report that the fire was quickly extinguished by members of the local fire department, with damage limited to the kitchen area.

A woman and her two-year-old son, both inside the home at the time of the fire, were taken to Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre for treatment and observation.

The woman suffered a burn on her hand and had an abrasion on her knee as a result of the incident. The child was not injured.

Organizations: Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre

Geographic location: Lewin

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • Cherry Hill
    December 25, 2012 - 16:48

    You can buy a thing called a "Deep Fryer" now!!! You can purchase it at any local Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart

  • GE
    December 25, 2012 - 09:50

    How many times do we need to be told not to do this !!!!!