© — Submitted image
A map of the Gullbridge mine area.
Residents of South Brook received an early Christmas present on Monday.
An order in existence since Dec. 17 to avoid using the municipal water supply has been lifted.
On Monday, the Department of Environment and Conservation said lab results of samples taken from the local water supply indicate the water had not been contaminated.
- Read more special articles:
- Work continues at Gullbridge mine dam
- Province responsible for mine site cleanup
- Tailings dam was being reinforced
- Water supply on watch after mine waste released
Those concerns came about after a dam at the former Gullbridge mine site was compromised.
The department said residents of the community, which is located near Springdale, can resume using water for drinking, washing, brushing teeth, and making ice.