Comments

Comments

• wavy
    January 09, 2013 - 08:39

To Duh: Just as I suspected! I don't subscribe to Facebook and so that makes me out of the loop and not privy to or somehow worthy of all the gossip like the rest of you. The rest of you can whine about privacy and respect for the deceased yet chat it up all over social media, revealing and even celebrating the fact that you knew or were somehow connected to the family and deceased, identifying them both in the process. Hypocrits! While the rest of us see Facebook for what it really is (a huge invasion of privacy voluntarily offered by its users; something you self-righteous concerned with privacy issues might want to think about some more) and decline to participate, we are left scratching our heads at why there were so many special branches of police involved in this case. Obviously you know something the rest of us don't, thanks to your beloved Facebook. Pick your battles indeed.

• Jay
    January 09, 2013 - 07:50

Wavy, The police are not obliged to report to every gossip bag and rumour monger in the province. Get a life. By the way, I don't know the deceased, but I do have some manners.

• wavy
    January 08, 2013 - 17:21

Some of you are being quite self-righteous and overly-sensitive. Based on your comments and seemingly intimate knowledge of this situation, I'm guessing you personally knew the deceased, the details of the case and are therefore in no need of further updates or information unlike the rest of us, who have seen the RNC bungle situations like this before and are left to wonder if there is anything more we need to be aware of, especially when detectives, forensics and MCU are called in to investigate. I didn't inquire as to the identity of the deceased. I have no desire to bare witness to someone's heartache, only a need for pertinent information as it relates to the safety and well being of the general public. Sorry if that offends you. But I'm guessing you would feel the same were you not privy to insider information and "town gossip" the rest of us were not.

• W
      January 09, 2013 - 09:27

I am not related to this woman or her family, but if the police say the cause of death is not suspicious then that's where it ends. There isn't any part of me that wants or needs to know anything more than what's been reported. You're just being nosy.

• Liz
    January 08, 2013 - 16:35

I am personally very pleased with the RNC's approach to this matter. There has to be an investigation and a detailed one when a person is found in such a maner. But they did not push the panic public button and now they are being discreet. I think most people can probably decipher the sad details of this story. The only thing the general public should now do is offer condolences to the family and let this woman RIP.

• Duh
    January 08, 2013 - 16:12

If anyone logged into their Facebook lately and saw te "RIP"s plastered all over it, you would have put it together. If her family was so concerned with the privacy they wouldn't have her plastered all over social networks. Pick your battles people!!

• Well Said
    January 08, 2013 - 14:18

@ Really. Very well said. If there is no foul play suspected, and no risk to public safety, Then obviously there is no need for the media to further probe into this. This may be a very sensitive issue to report and the nature of the information leads to believe they are not releasing it for a reason. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to want any more information is just to satisfy someone's curiosity. RIP to the woman and my sympathies to her family and friends.

• Really?
    January 08, 2013 - 13:40

Someone lost a member of their family a daughter, wife, or mother! Have some respect if there was a safety concern, or any concern for that matter the RNC would obviously let the public know! They are going to let this woman rest in peace and let her family heal; with out plastering the media with the cause or circumstances of her death! Rest in peace, my heart goes out to your family

• Bob
    January 08, 2013 - 13:39

I think it's pretty obvious what happened here.No foul play suspected now move along folks says the RNC or Really Not Cops.

• W
    January 08, 2013 - 13:31

There's always one person who thinks they have a right to know every last detail. No one deserves anything except the investigators and the victims family. That's it, that's all.

• wavy
    January 08, 2013 - 12:55

I know there maybe privacy concerns and sensitivity issues regarding information pertaining to this case, but am I the only one not satisfied with that very limited explanation from the RNC? It's the equivalent of the old "move along folks; nothing to see here" cliche. Surely there's more to it than that when top detectives, forensics and the MCU were all called to the scene.

• christine
      January 08, 2013 - 14:07

Yes,there is more to it and it's none of your business.The public is not in any way in danger...PERIOD.She was a daughter,wife and mother.Her family is devasted and needs privacy at this time,not public scrutiny.

• Cindy
      January 08, 2013 - 20:45

Well Wavy, if there is no breach of the Criminal Code or any other piece of legislation the death of this young woman is none of our business. It is standard procedure in such a sudden death for criminal investigators and a forensic team to be involved. Once the cause of death is determined and their is no foul play, then the the police are not required to provide any information to the public. Let this woman rest in peace and allow the family to grieve in private. My heart goes out to them!