UPDATE: Road conditions deteriorating as storm moves in: RCMP
- Roads are starting to become snow-covered and slippery in the St. John's region. — Photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram
- A still image from the provincial government's highway webcam in Holyrood shows conditions on the Trans-Canada Highway this afternoon. The RCMP in Holyrood is advising motorists that conditions are deteriorating as a snowstorm moves across the Avalon.
- — Environment Canada image
- Winter storm. — Environment Canada impage
- Winter storm approaching. — Environment Canada impage
- It's getting close. The impending storm is swiftly approaching. — Environment Canada image
- AccuWeather meteorologist Brett Anderson is predicting snow along the south coast and southern Avalon Peninsula will change to rain, which will greatly limit accumulations. He says there will likely be a big difference in snow accumulation from north to south across the Avalon if this track holds. This map shows expected snowfall accumulations throughout Newfoundland. Source: www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/
- At the Mount Pearl Municipal Depot Wednesday, snowclearing equipment was serviced, gassed up and ready to deal with the snow storm forecast for today, tonight and Friday. — Photo by Gary Hebbard/The Telegram
- Top of the page
- - January 10, 2013 at 10:08:52
This storm will bring me back to when i was a kid walking to school and standing on top of the light poles. going to be a big storm ,alot of blowing snow . you know what ,us older folks will be able to handle it ,but not so sure of the younger generation . all ther use to is sitting in front of computers, were never taught how to handle emergency situations .parents today don't teach their kid anything they just spoil them. well see.