Goulds chimney fire causes minor damage to home

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Firefighters dealt with a chimney fire in Goulds Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters from the Goulds Volunteer Fire Department and their counterparts from the St. John's Regional Fire Department (SJRFD) were dispatched to a chimney fire on Donovan's Road in the Goulds just past 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Upon arrival, the Goulds volunteer’s captain had requested a full response structure fire call, thus alerting various stations from the SJRFD as the fire had spread inside the home.

There was however minor damage to the interior of the home as the quick work of firefighters prevented the fire from spreading further.

The scene was turned over to the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary for further investigation around 2:30 p.m. once fire crews left.

Organizations: Goulds Volunteer Fire Department, SJRFD, Regional Fire Department

Geographic location: Goulds, St. John's

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page