Comments

Comments

• PetsPlus
    January 16, 2013 - 14:23

Gail, so happy to hear that Nelly is finally home - where she belongs. What a long journey it has been. As for Felineexpert...some can recover from leukemia. They go in to remission and can live a long, healthy life - symptom free! . Gail is a very responsible pet owner and I am sure that Nelly has had the very best of care. Her dedication to Nelly, while she is so far away - speaks volumes.

• Jackie Neehuis
    January 16, 2013 - 13:57

Wonderful, very happy for you and Nellie. I lost my cat during a move. Over a year later, we were visiting our old neighbour whose house was about a mile from our old one and the cat appeared at the door. Ain't life grand!

• Andrea B
    January 16, 2013 - 10:37

Way to bring down a feel good story, "felinexpert".

• FelineExpert
    January 16, 2013 - 09:38

If your cat has Feline Leukemia, then she will always have it. It;s an curable virus and will shorten her life. I hope she is vaccinated against or she may have infected other cats while she was lost. Not being rude but just stating the facts. If its indeed Feline Leukemia then she needs to stay away from other cats who have not been vaccinated.

• FelineExpert
    January 16, 2013 - 09:17

• Jessie
    January 16, 2013 - 08:50

Such a nice story! I had a cat when I was younger that went missing for well over two months. We put up flyers everywhere and pretty much gave up on finding her until one morning my mom was sitting in the kitchen and sure enough our cat came back to the back door like she always did just scratching to get in. She came back with a limp and had lost a lot of weight so we think she may have been hit by a car and was hiding out somewhere while she healed. Either way it didn't take long for her to be healthy again and she lived for at least a decade after that!

• Mark
    January 16, 2013 - 08:15

Touching Story im so glady you found your cat you must be sooooooo happy almost made me cry god love you both!!!!!

• Dizzy
    January 16, 2013 - 08:08

My cat went missing for 2 years and then came back :) she actually came back on her own! After that long you do give up hope so it was a very pleasant surprise to open the door one day and find her sitting on my step like everything was normal lol congrats you must be so happy!