Comments

Comments

• Suznne
    January 18, 2013 - 09:16

Ovations to successful women but only to those who have maintained strong moral character on their way to success. Unfortunately, we know that the opposite is true, as evidenced with one female Minister. Shameful and disappointing.

• Happily Retired
    January 18, 2013 - 07:48

Is she celebrating other women, or is she celebrating herself. This conference seems to be more about self-adulation than anything else. Our premier is getting scarier by the minute.

• women in trades
    January 18, 2013 - 06:59

As a woman working in the trades in the province I have to express my strong dislike for an event like this. I do not want to be hired because I am a woman. I want to be hired because I can do my job better then all others who applied. Events like this actually set me back in my field because men at my worksite seem to think I was hired to fill the company's "woman quota". I am lucky enough to work with a great group of men and women but I still have to proove I know my work every day because there is always an underlying thought from men that I'm there becasue they need a woman in my job. This is 2013 people stop causing segreation. If men hosted a conference like this the feminists would go crazy with protests and equality crap. I don't care about quotas and percentages.... I just want to know the person working next to me knows how to do their job. Bottom Line: I don't care if that person has a penis or vagina! It really shouldn't mater.

• Hear Hear
      January 18, 2013 - 08:00

Kudos to you! I applaud you for your honesty and candor. The most qualified person should be hired or promoted, period. Male or female.

• Martin Pearl
      January 19, 2013 - 20:33

Amen to that, sister! The ONLY fair system for hiring is "equality of opportunity", not "equality of outcomes", which causes the very real suspicion and resentment you spoke of, and undermines the success of women who DO deserve it! By the same token, it should ALWAYS be "equal pay for equal work" no matter your gender, and not "equal outcomes for different hours worked at different jobs because, well, feminists need a reason to fight after all the real battles have been won!"

• pitbull
    January 18, 2013 - 06:58

This premier is more pitiful that equal.

• female dogs
    January 18, 2013 - 06:44

Where was the premiers lap dog from the status of women, linda ross. She didn't open her mouth when keith russell made those sexist remarks toward MHA Jones in the house of assembly. Its very hypocritical!