Comments

Comments

• Rob
    January 26, 2013 - 19:34

As I was watching getting towed out my co workers and I were all talking as to how long it would be before she would sink or break away.

• Gary Bradbury
    January 26, 2013 - 08:02

Anyone who understands sea state conditions in the North Atlantic in January would conclude that this would happen - officials wanted the ship out of St. John's Harbour - regardless of the risks associated with towing a large vessel this time of year. Commercial and recreational users of our coastal waters have been put at risk - including oil rigs. Coast guard and police should investigate and charge those responsible if the vessel sinks or ends up aground.

• Max
    January 25, 2013 - 17:08

Can you say "Insurance Scam"!!!

• david
    January 25, 2013 - 13:23

I'd believe that the City agreed to a promissory note for the 2 years worth of wharfage back-fees from the pending ship sale proceeds in the Dominican. And if not that grift of Keystone Cop stupidtiy, the port of St. John's maybe had a complicitly blind eye to this whole 'scuttling' debacle. Either way, another day in Newfoundland....and not an investigative journalist in sight.

• MudderL
    January 25, 2013 - 12:13

Wierd, there were crew on board when she left here. This report says there are no crew on board. How did they disembark?

• Johnny
      January 25, 2013 - 14:59

there was atleast 4 rope ladders hanging over the side of this vessel when it left. They neede a crew on board to pullin the mooring ropes etc. I am sure that these people disembarked onto the pilot vessel that escorted it out the harbour.

• MudderL
      January 25, 2013 - 20:29

That makes sense, I didn't see the rope ladders. I don't say they could pay anyone enough money to sail down there with a ship full of rats!

• sparky
    January 25, 2013 - 11:46

I would have thought ,"its along trip to the Dominican,maybe we should get a good tow-rope"? Thats why those guys get the BIG BUCKS! LOL more work for our guys.