Apartment building fire leaves Stephenville residents homeless

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

A fire late Friday evening at an apartment building in Stephenville has displaced nine people, including two children.

According to the Canadian Red Cross, the fire was reported at approximately 9 p.m. Friday on Upper Georgia Drive. One apartment suffered extensive damage, while three others sustained smoke or water damage.

Volunteers with the Canadian Red Cross assisted six adults and two children affected by the fire, helping to provide temporary accommodations, clothing, food and other goods.

The ninth person affected was reportedly staying with friends and did not require immediate aid, according to the organization.

Geographic location: Stephenville, Georgia

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments