RCMP in Stephenville have determined the cause of a house fire in the town Friday was accidental.
Police said in a release today, the apparent cause was an unattended candle left burning in the home when the resident was outside.
The fire was reported around 7:50 p.m. Friday on Georgia Drive in Stephenville. The building was a "quad"plex containing four apartments.
The RCMP said one apartment was totally lost to the fire while the adjacent three apartments sustained minor water and considerable smoke damage.
The apartment resident sustained minor injuries when he tried to douse the fire.