Eastern Health advises the public that the visitor restrictions recently implemented at the following facilities — because of an increase in influenza and influenza-like illness — have now been lifted:
• Hoyles Escasoni Complex, St. John’s;
• Saint Luke's Homes, St. John’s;
• Agnes Pratt Nursing Home, St. John’s;
• Golden Heights Manor, Bonavista;
• Blue Crest Nursing Home, Grand Bank;
• Salvation Army Glenbrook Lodge, St. John’s.
The public is asked not to visit any health care facility if they feel ill or are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms. For infection prevention, the public is advised to wash their hands frequently, cover their coughs or sneezes with a tissue or the crook of their arms and refrain from touching their faces. Finally, those still seeking the flu shot should contact their physician or community health office.