The Atlantic Lottery Corporation is holding a $30-million cheque belonging to some person or persons who purchased a lottery ticket in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The jackpot prize from the Jan. 25 draw remains unclaimed, now four days after the draw.
“As of this morning, we still haven’t heard from the $30 million dollar winners. Of course there’s lots of rumors, but no one has come forward with the ticket yet,” said Atlantic Lottery spokeswoman Tracy Kenney.
“Unfortunately, we’re still waiting but we’re excited and hopefully he, she, they will be in shortly.”
Kenney said there will be a formal presentation of the cheque to the winner or winners when they come forward, likely in St. John’s.
Rumors have reached The Telegram office of winners in Central Newfoundland, Labrador and at G.J. Cahill in St. John’s. No specific names have been stated in association with the regional rumors, while the G.J. Cahill office in St. John’s said there had been no word of a lotto winner there as of 9:30 a.m. today.
Meanwhile, a smaller prize from Friday’s draw, a prize of $400,000, has been claimed in the metro area, by Joe and Colleen Gulliver.