Comments

Comments

• Jodi
    February 08, 2014 - 13:46

I am not happy with this situation and wonder how records like this end up in "just anyone's hands". I really think something should be said or done about it, rather than just a letter in the mail saying oops, we screwed up.

• rsz
    March 03, 2013 - 15:02

I just called the 1-800 number. the representative told me that RCMP investigation concluded that the hard drive is misplaced, but there is no evidence that the hard drive was taken by someone. How does that make sense? such BS! Offering only 6 years of credit protection is far from enough. Most people involved are in the 20's right now. Please sign me up for the lawsuit.

• Tim
      July 20, 2013 - 23:09

Well I have to say that the protection that HRSDC is offering is an insult to me and all of students effected. Such service is free from both transunion and equifax. I will have to take matters in to my own hands as there are activities and attempts to ruin my credit as someone has my info in their hands-typically my SIN. God knows how far they will go!!! I work so hard everyday to protect my self and family now I will be sleepless for the rest of my life. Thank you HRSDC.

• Natasha Blanchette
    February 14, 2013 - 15:03

I received my letter last month, and just found out now that there were more people who received one. I havent had a student loan, but have been working to clear up my credit rating so we can get a mortgage. I am worried about the safety of my identity and the safety of my credit. Do I still have a place in the suit if I wasnt a recipient of a student loan?

• Angela Sterread
      February 25, 2013 - 20:01

I received a letter February 10,2013 from Human Resource stating that my information got lost on a USB Portable. I ask some very important questions, which they weren't able to assured me about my information that was lost. This is very unsettling to me and disturbing to know that my privacy has been breached in such an extend.

• Lisa
    February 13, 2013 - 09:00

I just received my letter yesturday Feb.12/13 and it was dated jan.25/13. Which site do I register on? This is unfair and I do not agree with a breach of confidentiality/privacy! Please contact me!

• amy
    February 12, 2013 - 07:34

I don't know anything about the credit protection, but in theory everyone who qualifies as part of the "class" is included in the suit unless they take action to remove themselves from said suit. That being said, it will be easier for the law firm to contact you if you register.

• Meg
    February 10, 2013 - 15:33

If you go here: http://www.strosbergco.com/studentloans You can register to be a part of the class action.

• bren
    February 08, 2013 - 01:01

I want to know if you accept the govt. offer of 6 years protection from here forward and....Also I want to know whether there is a class action law suit being and if it will automatically include all of us or only those of us that ask to be included.

• Leslie
    February 07, 2013 - 16:14

I just received a letter Feb 5 stating my information had been lost. It takes 2 weeks for the free credit protection to take effect. In the meantime, my personal information has been floating around with 580,000 other student's information for 6 weeks or more. I would like to join the class action suit. Please contact me. Thank you.

• Crystal
    February 06, 2013 - 20:04

I just received the letter 2 days ago. When i called for more information, they advised the missing information was just " misplaced". How can we get involve in this?? The government needs to be held responsible....

• Hal
    February 06, 2013 - 02:02

I sure would like to get some answers soon. I just read that some individuals have been notified in December. I had to phone the 800 number just to find out My personal history was lost. (nothing more) Please contact me soon! with more info.

• Brooke
    February 05, 2013 - 17:57

So the government offered free credit protection for up to 6 years as well as a free credit report (once per year), if I choose to take this offer can I still proceed with the class action lawsuit?

• Newly
    February 04, 2013 - 18:42

how do we get a hold of the lawyer for the data loss claims ? I was informed in dec that they lost my information ! Who is the lawyer for the people in Ontairo and how do we get ahold of them . the goverment should be pay the people millions of dollars, they want all this stuff online and can't even protect us from there employees . this is sad , this is are goverment not just some jo blow company like come on

• Flip Flop Maybe
    February 02, 2013 - 07:25

Bob said on his Facebook page that the other firms in Canada are asking for too little money up front in their claim. So, what is his story now?