Comments

Comments

• david
    February 12, 2013 - 13:56

How nice...an update on Troopper the Cat. Is there anyone at these newspapers interssted in digging a lttile bit into that completely incredible, still unfolding, quite dangerous, much more newsworthy drifting Orlova SNAFU? No? Just more birthday announcements then?

• Helen Smith
    February 12, 2013 - 11:54

Gwen and Dolores are such inspirations to the rest of us. They have both given so much of themselves to save so many lives. Since reading Trooper's story, I too have gotten involved in helping animals who need us. It is the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Trooper we all love you!!!!

• theresa locke
    February 12, 2013 - 11:44

Such an inspiring story.Wish people would spay or neuter their pets,it would save so much heartache...

• Gwen Samms
    February 12, 2013 - 08:32

The is the correct link to the video . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE8fy3aWUY0&feature=youtu.be

• Linda Sheppard
    February 12, 2013 - 06:41

I am so very pleased to see Trooper in the news again..he has changed my life since last Febuary..I was not into cat rescue, but his story just pulled at my heart strings...and I have been helping his Shelter in Stephenville, Newfoundland ever since...fundraisers, auctions, fostering and finding homes for all the kitties at the shelter..Troopers facebook page has almost 4000 fans now worldwide..he has brought together a network of animal lovers that now make it their mission to save as many animals as we can...Happy anniversary Trooper..and great job Scapa...good luck with spaying and neutering all the stray cats in your area...hope people do donate to this cause...

• Rodney
      May 08, 2014 - 19:57

Glad to hear Trooper is doing well. I was one of the people who donated money to Trooper over a year ago via PayPal. My tabby cat is called Trooper too but in the fifteen years he only needed surgery once on the inside of his mouth. My cat was lucky that we met when he was a new kitten in the neighbourhood.