Comments

Comments

• David Russelll
    February 15, 2013 - 23:08

Sir: After thirty three years in the industry and in safety and having gotten off the Ranger two days before the disaster, it is very disturbing knowing that there are people still walking around with the attitude and feelings as expressed here. The memorial itself and the yearly services to the family is a reminder of the supreme sacrifice their loved ones made so that the few still involved in the industry can work safer. Safety is written with the blood of workers who have paid the ultimate price with thier lives. These lost workers have ownership of every barrel of oil from the offshore development. I could say more but my deepest sympathy to people who think like this as this is an example where ignorance will probably be everlasting.

• Patsy
    February 15, 2013 - 22:34

Well...my initial thoughts about you were correct...you are a heartless moron! Why do you think people write comments? It's usually to offer some insightful comment or idea! Clearly, you possess neither! Continue to write your full name so I don't read your nonsense!

• Corporate Psycho
    February 15, 2013 - 18:54

It's to bad offshore safety still isn't taken seriously.

• Maureen O' Brien
    February 15, 2013 - 16:21

31 years mean nothing to the memories off those left behind. We can still remember the storm and that terrible morning after. It was a day that brought the province to a standstill. Lives were lost and lives were shattered. Thank you to those who remember and honour these men and this day.

• Donny Dooley
    February 15, 2013 - 14:25

Blah blah blah, Listen, this isn't a funeral home webpage this is a news site and a very good one at that. If you don't like the story or the comments don't read 'em. Some people b'y.

• Patsy
    February 15, 2013 - 13:36

Donny, I can only surmise by your comment that you have never lost a loved one. The families of those brave souls 31 years ago have paid a huge price. The lose of a family member! I lost my brother when he was 16 years old due to an unknown virus, and I can tell you that every October 3rd, (every single day, in fact) my family remembers him. Everyone has their own way of dealing with their lose. This is a huge part of our history, and we, as a province, ought to teach our young people about this tragedy and the benefit it has had on the offshore oil industry today. Hopefully the memorial held today will give comfort to all the people who lost a loved one on the Ocean Ranger. "Do onto others as you wish others do to you." Next time, take a moment to think before you post a comment where others can be adversely affected by your ignorance!

• Donny Dooley
    February 15, 2013 - 10:12

It's time to give this memorial service a break. It's been over 3 decades....get over it already!

• David
      February 15, 2013 - 12:18

Why the telegram insists on posting ridiculous comments from people like Donny Dooley is the reason I don't subscribe and cancelled my subscription several years ago. Congrats, I promise you just lost a few subscriptions by publishing this moronic viewpoint.