This fire in Nain early this morning levelled a home. â Submitted photo from Nain RCMP
Nain RCMP, with the assistance of the provincial fire commissioners office, are investigating a fire that levelled a house in Nain early this morning.
The Nain Volunteer Fire department responded to the fire. Police say the lone occupant was immediately accounted for and removed to a safe location uninjured. The firefighters fought the blaze successfully for three hours and prevented it's spread to nearby residences.
The RCMP said a preliminary investigation indicates alcohol and an unattended candle in sleeping quarters were contributing factors.