Fire destroys Nain home

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

This fire in Nain early this morning levelled a home. — Submitted photo from Nain RCMP

Nain RCMP, with the assistance of the provincial fire commissioners office, are investigating a fire that levelled a house in Nain early this morning.

The Nain Volunteer Fire department responded to the fire. Police say the lone occupant was immediately accounted for and removed to a safe location uninjured. The firefighters fought the blaze successfully for three hours and prevented it's spread to nearby residences.

The RCMP said a preliminary investigation indicates alcohol and an unattended candle in sleeping quarters were contributing factors.

Organizations: Nain Volunteer Fire department, RCMP

Geographic location: Nain

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page