Comments

Comments

• Randolph
    February 27, 2013 - 10:04

Well, that's great news for us poor workin folk, eh!!!!! Guess the unions won't have to worry about cuts now,or the fat-cat MLA lowlife that are on allowances,pensions after only 8 yrs, etc., etc., they won't have to worry about cuts either, eh!!???? My oh my, how much more sickening can this place get?? (As usual, my comment won't get posted, what's with this, eh!?)

• Not impressed
    February 27, 2013 - 09:52

Tom Marshall said that heat and light is like cable TV in the HoA just before Christmas. A man in his position should know better. Perhaps it was an error. Whatever the case, I’m glad to read Lorraine Michael’s view. However, I would like to know where the revenue from Big Oil goes. Why hasn't government shared it's Big Oil Wealth with ordinary citizens here like they do in Alberta?

• fredpottle
    February 27, 2013 - 01:56

i am a senior citizen if prices keep going up people on a fixed income will have a hard time to make it .all this goveronment seems to do is spend.look at the millions they given to nalcor.they have bankrupt the province.its time to get rid of this goveronment.

• yes sir
    February 26, 2013 - 10:59

So which is it? Are they fibbing to the people of the province or to the oil and gas companies? Both? Or is it that we have a bunch of give aways for oil companies and just the bills for taxpayers? I'can't believe why marshall wasn't removed from cabinet for the mess we're in. Either that or theyu brought jerome in to spin something and make sure the nalcor bonuses are lined up for when we go over budget on Muskrat. Meh? Maybe they should use the dripping water on the eight floor next time they are giving an interview to see if it can produce the truth from some of these guys.

• Eli
    February 26, 2013 - 10:45

Marshall and the whole clique we elected have as much credibility as a Quebec contractor.

• seanoairborne
      February 26, 2013 - 15:03

That "we elected"???You're kidding,right?Why would you vote for somebody you didn't like?

• McNeill
    February 26, 2013 - 08:52

The only ones excelling in this province are the ones associated with the oil. The rest of us have to deal with rising prices on housing and basic living expenses. I work 45-50 hours a week just to make ends meet and I know many like me. If you are not into the oil there is no prosperity just enough to make the rent or mortgage. Where is the prosperity in that. Now I know why most of the people I grew up with are gone somewhere else. They have the same cost of living but much higher wages. It doesn't take much to do the math!

• Pete
    February 26, 2013 - 08:31

Lorraine Michael really doesn't understand how overspending doesn't have anything to do with the state of the economy, it's probably why she released a platform that likely would have added an extra billion dollars in spending. Why should we have the largest public sector in North America? We're giving wages/benefits thst clst $28 to employees that are getting minimum wage in the private sector. We could help the private sector create good paying jobs in other areas if not everything was done by the public sector. We need to make changes that will help the private sector prosper.

• paul
    February 26, 2013 - 08:25

given that we are in such an era of golden opportunity, then its painfully obvious why the public sector needs to be cut back... note the saracasm.

• Torey Normore
    February 26, 2013 - 07:58

Minister Marshall, I cannot put any stock whatsoever in your projections, forecasts or predictions. Your past ineptness renders you unreliable, at best. The golden time of opportunity applies only to select Tory supporterts, hacks and wags, as they line up for their plum patronage appointments, unsolicited contracts and paybacks. All at the expense of the NL taxpayer. I can vote Tory nomore.

• Bi-focual finance
    February 26, 2013 - 07:54

Rose colored glasses for sure.