Comments

Comments

• john bidgood
    July 06, 2013 - 23:31

as a bidgood i think the park for all is an excellent memorial to roger and jennie and i think elaine should be very proud of her parents GOOD LUCK TO ELAINE FOR THE FUTURE AND MAY HER GOD GO WITH HER MY KIND REGARDS JOHN BIDGOOD ENGLAND UK

• NLBirder
    March 02, 2013 - 12:07

This park has come around quite a bit in the past few years. It used to be a dumping ground for garbage. Now its arguably the most naturally beautiful park in town (especially in the summer/autumn)

• Cathy McCadden
    March 02, 2013 - 11:15

Thank you, Elaine Bidgood, for your community-minded focus and very generous donation. We all need more green space. I will be patronizing your store more often....even though it is far away from me.

• Resident of the West end
    March 01, 2013 - 18:52

That's great when your community comes together and help build a foundation for families and children,I shop Bidgoods a fair bit,but when the city takes our tax dollars and give them away when we the residents of the West end had been fighting for years for some safety measures be put in place for our kids,and our concerns go unanswered by Ward 5 councilor then that's where problems begin,I,m sure Wally Collins know who I am I certainly been pretty vocal since he got in,I guess maybe we should move to the Goulds or Southlands.

• Charlie Stokes
    March 01, 2013 - 10:33

What great support from the Bidgood family. My mom grew up with Roger Bidgood in Petty Harbour all those years ago.

• KD
    March 01, 2013 - 08:13

What a great story too bad there is not more people like these people

• BARB
      March 01, 2013 - 09:03

This is absolutely wonderful they are leaving something that will bring many smile. That's what we need. KD there are many people like the Bidgood's throughout our province, we just don't always know.

• ProudGouldsOriginal
    March 01, 2013 - 07:52

Fabulous! The park sound amazing. Congratulations to the Bidgood family for doing so much to give back to the community. Can't wait to visit this park with my family.