Comments

Comments

• Sue Morrison
    March 04, 2013 - 12:47

I have been trying to e-mail this article (Poll Padding) to a friend. Each time I hit the send button & when I hit the cancel button, I was re-directed to a Facebook advertising page. I was not able to send or cancel so I cut the connection, came back and am sending you this.

• saelcove
    March 04, 2013 - 11:46

The NDP or the fiberals would never do any thing like that,Guess it keeps the open line show busy

• wavy
    March 04, 2013 - 09:05

Democracy Watch's Sommers suggested a way to stop poll padding. "I think the best thing to do is have a strong ethics code that has honesty-in-politics rules that are actually enforcable," he says. ------------------------------------------------------------- Ha, good luck with that. How do you think the Harper government would react to such legislation? It would never see the light of day. What rules? Enforcable how? I'm all for it, and not to sound too skeptical or apathetic, but how can you watch-dog and enforce ethical behaviour in politics? You'd have better luck counting all the fish in the sea. The PCs only got caught this time because somebody leaked the info to media- how much is going on we don't and will never know about? How do you enforce that? Asking politicians to sign off on honesty and ethics rules would be like asking the fox to police the henhouse. My only hope is that the Cons, both provincial and federal, have left such a foul, intolerable taste in people's mouths they'll pay for it next election. I guess we'll have to see how short voter's memories are and whether or not they're serious about holding their elected officials accountable for their actions and behaviour. I do want to applaud the Telegram for showing initiative, taking ownership and responsibility in making changes to their online polling.

• Whaddaya At ?
    March 03, 2013 - 22:54

Hey, Paul Lane, according to Democracy Watch, politicians who manipulate polls are being dishonest with the public. No doubt, you have lots of bafflegab to explain that away too. The Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation wonders where you politicians get the time to screw around on online polls. Got more bafflegab to reply to that too, eh ?. Get back to work b'y, whatever it is you're supposed to be doing.

• tom
    March 03, 2013 - 20:59

The PC's are shameless and if we vote them in again the joke is on us. I have an idea - save money by cutting their internet access if this is what they use it for...

• What Poll
    March 03, 2013 - 19:56

Good job Tely on your changes. Unfortunately, I don't expect to see any changes by our polticians.