Comments

Comments

• Judy
    March 14, 2013 - 13:09

Oh, Florence, me again.....don't think, though, I agree with your word "celebate" for the whole lot of them over the decades.

• Judy
    March 14, 2013 - 13:05

Florence, You are right on! Totally agree.

• Leah
    March 14, 2013 - 08:49

All the damage and scandals that have occurred over the centuries by the Catholic Church will always be vivid in peoples' minds; those who are not still brainwashed, that is. It can never be undone; what's done is done; and nothing is going to change in the future, either. Pope Francis 1 has compassion for the poor, especially in his homeland. Now he has the wealthiest Organization in the world at his disposal, so he can use some of that now to help the poor all over the world.

• NowIsee
    March 14, 2013 - 05:50

Good, good. I hope he rules with an iron cross. Put the fear of God back into the people. Long live our ruler!!!

• Florence Parsons
    March 13, 2013 - 17:17

One hundred and fifteen celebate old men picking a leader. No woman, of course, good enough to join these ranks. These monsignors were once bishops who covered up and moved from parish to parish pedophile priests and gave them access to more children to abuse. Anhyone who puts collection in the plate Sunday morning is condoning this activity. The whole organization should be disolved.

• John
    March 13, 2013 - 15:35

The first thing he should do is to apologize for all the abuse and pain that was inflicted on so many by the clergy, not just priests but other clergy as well. Then tackle the rest of the scandals that the church has found itself in in the past several years. Time will tell.

• Sr Joan O'Murchu
    March 13, 2013 - 15:06

I hope it is someone who will reign in the liberal fraction of the church causing divisions in the pews and confusing people with new age type false teaching, like the crowd at The Lantern in St. John's and their buddies.

• Frank
    March 13, 2013 - 15:03

I'm glad I gave up believing in this fairy tale a long time ago. Silly men in silly robes!

• Danny
      March 14, 2013 - 02:42

Honey boo boo is also taking up many countries airwaves...sad reflection of ppl's desire to watch pretty much any garbage .I wish all well in having a job in show business but after forcefully watching 2 hrs of "Doyle" it was enough for me.

• Dave Houston
    March 13, 2013 - 14:41

Who cares? Certainly not the countless numbers of young children that were victims of the Catholic Church's sex scandals.