The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary had a busy day Wednesday, responding to 137 calls for service between early Wednesday morning and this morning.
Here are some of the incidents reported Wednesday:
• At 10:23 a.m., members from RNC patrol services responded to a disturbance at a residence in the downtown area of St John’s.
A 46-year-old man was transported to hospital with what appears to be serious injuries. Members from RNC Criminal Investigation Division and Forensic Identification attended the scene.
No arrests have been made at this time and the matter is presently under investigation by the Criminal Investigation Division.
• At 10 a.m. RNC street patrol officers arrested a 62-year-old man and charged him with uttering threats in the Conception Bay South area. He was conveyed to court.
• At 1 p.m., a 51-year-old man was charged with theft under $5,000 and a 52-year-old woman was charged with assault with a weapon.
The incident occurred at Lawtons Drugs, Paradise. Both were released to attend court at a later date.
• At 4:27 p.m., RNC street patrol officers responded to a two- vehicle collision at the intersection of Majors Path and Portugal Cove Road.
One vehicle was headed east from Airport Heights Drive to Majors Path when it was in collision with a vehicle that was turning south on Portugal Cove Road from Majors Path. A female driver was transported to hospital with what appears to be minor injuries.
Damage to the vehicles involved was moderate.
• At 6:50 p.m., RNC patrol officers, K-9 and Criminal Investigation Division members responded to a report of an armed robbery at Family Drug Mart, Portugal Cove Road., St. John’s.
The lone male entered the pharmacy and demanded narcotics. He was wearing a hoodie and had a pillow case pulled down over his head to conceal his face.
No weapon was observed at the time of the incident. No injuries were reported. It is not determined at this time as to what was taken. No arrest has been made, the investigation is ongoing.
• At 8 p.m., RNC patrol officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at Mae’s Variety in Foxtrap, Conception Bay South.
A lone masked male entered the store with a knife in hand, demanding money. He attempted to leave the store with the cash register and while doing so, dropped the register on the floor while exiting the store.
As a result he was unsuccessful in leaving the store with any money.
Once outside, the suspect fled the area on peddle bike. Officers cordoned off the area and were successful in flushing the suspect out of hiding.
A foot chase ensued which resulted in the successful apprehension of the male suspect. No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.
The male suspect was detained for court in the morning. Charges laid include armed robbery and two breaches of court orders.
• At 10:30 p.m., RNC patrol officers arrested an adult female for theft under $5,000. She was released to attend court at a later date.
• At 11 p.m., RNC patrol officers arrested an adult male in the downtown core of St. John’s under warrant. He was held for court in the morning.
• At 9:30 p.m., a 25-year-old man was stopped on Signal Hill during a traffic safety stop conducted by RNC street patrol.
As a result of the safety check, police found the man had no driver’s license, no insurance and no registration on the vehicle. Police say he was also found to be impaired.
The man was charged with impaired driving, driving over the legal limit and was also issued several tickets under the highway traffic act.
The vehicle was impounded and he was released to appear in court at a later date.