Comments

Comments

• unknown
    April 16, 2013 - 13:07

does it say anywhere here that he was guilty ? no ? do you know him ? no ? so dont call him a bad person and talk about his family when you dont know what he has done. last time i checked youre innocient until proven guilty. so keep your comments to yourself

• Pepper
    March 20, 2013 - 10:18

It's not just parents who influence children.

• Danny
    March 20, 2013 - 09:59

"Birds of a feather..stick together" Anyone who leads a life of crime including drugs have choices.Be a decent productive citizen or not.Hanging out with wrong ppl..you make that choice.Being Idle & getting into trouble you make that choice.Parents enable the kids today alot.No bounderies no training that helps form moral balance.Oh they are going through a phase or they will smarten up...most times not.

• JP
    March 20, 2013 - 09:17

So I too am sad for the man alleged murdered, and for the man who has been accused. I agree drugs are the cause of many issues. HOWEVER, I don't believe my family or I should be put at risk because of someone's personal choice. I don't believe for one second that there are many drug addicts in NL who were forced to take drugs...it's a choice, and a poor one in my opinion!

• Ginger
    March 20, 2013 - 07:02

It really is disturbing to hear of these violent acts amongst people...was this a case of another drug deal gone wrong? As a Mom of two children, one a pre teen and the other a teen, I feel for both sides!! Yes, this man killed another, but for a reason of addiction that is raging amongst todays society...but he has a family who are also devastated I'm sure for what has happened! And this man who was killed...his family is suffering a huge loss!...possibly all due to drugs-it scares me to no end to think what is out there, that any good individual can become entangled with-no matter how well of the persons upbringing! My heart really goes out to both of these famalies! Its a hard world to live in today!

• SD Redgrave
      March 20, 2013 - 08:09

I can see you have empathy for all sides involved here Ginger. I've observed where it comes to upbringing, you'll almost always find family influences are instilled in everyone whether benevolent or evil. When an individual is beating the life out of another without legal cause (self defence) what could possibly going through the mind while committing this act? I , for example, have deep routed memories of my grandfather nursing an injured squirrel back to good health and my sweet mother berating me for killing a common toad with a stick when I was eight years old. These are the memories that prevent me from bringing harm to any living creature as it is for most of civilized society. Hunting and survival are the only acceptable exceptions. Somewhere in Ken Edward Green's past is a family member who taught him to use violence as a tool to achieve your goals. Perhaps it was an uncle who thought he was teaching young Ken how to be a 'man', we will never know, but it is a certainty he was definitely not envisioning his loving grandmother while he was beating another human to death. Upbringing is more important than one might imagine.