Comments

Comments

• Dee
    March 26, 2013 - 09:43

Everyday we hear the same thing,someone assaults another,arm robbery murder this case slashes someones throat and they claim they have a mental issue,please tell me then how is this person walking the same street as I am,I could be the next one my child could be,or god forbid it could be a judges or a lawyers family member.Seems to me if you claim you have a mental issue then you can do what you want,keep us safe lock people like this up.

• Julie
    March 26, 2013 - 09:31

Being on medication for mental health and coming off medication can cause people to react in unpredictable ways. The accused needs to have help to address the real problems in his life and how to cope with them. Our system sometimes thinks drugs are the answer, when a human approach is more helpful. Hearing voices is common and should be something we accept as part of our human condition. (check the hearing voices groups) What a brave man Mr. Walker is. May he heal fully and continue to be compassionate.

• Whaddaya At
    March 26, 2013 - 08:32

The judge said the accused has no history of mental issues ?. How much history does she need ?. The accused hears voices, he said the Hells Angels tampered with the electrical system in his apt. bldg., he's been an outpatient on a psychiatric ward for several years, there's a history of mental illness in his family, and he thinks people are following him. And the judge said she doesn't know if the accused suffers from some kind of mental illness ?. Hello ????.

• Come on
    March 26, 2013 - 08:04

First clue, he robs a store and calls the cops on himself. Second clue, dying of radiation from a microwave Third clue, Hell's Angels tampered with his electrical. He needs help before he kills somebody. He already tried once.

• well
    March 26, 2013 - 06:58

Now I could be wrong but if you cut someones thoat is attemped murder in my book. the lawers are saying 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 years . The way i see if it is manatory murder ,atemped murder should be 1/2 that,mental history or not.Im not sure why the courts put the title o faggravated assault on a crime like this . If some one cuts your thoat ,they are doing it with the intent to kill. Just once I would like to see the Newfoundland justice system call a crime for what it is , and sentence them to what it should be

• Kim
    March 26, 2013 - 06:39

This decision should be interesting ,considering Judge Marshall's sentences that were given to other criminals from the bench before.I say he'll get a slap on the wrist.....GOOD LUCK TO MR.WALKER.BEST OF LUCK TO YOU...HOPE YOU MAKE A FULL RECOVERY...

• Sandra
    March 26, 2013 - 06:31

It was attempted murder-lock em up and throw away the key!!!! Christ-how many times do people get a slap on the wrist for high crimes...and what's this about mental issues? All of a sudden when someone steals, attempts murder, burns down homes or robs is because of some illness---give me a BREAK!!!!!!!! I've heard of moose poachers get higher penalities!!

• slim
      March 26, 2013 - 08:46

Has anybody ever checked into this guys accusations, it wouldn't be the first time something like this happened, he's probably telling the truth