Comments

Comments

• Black arm band
    March 27, 2013 - 11:50

1500 positions affected! Adult Basic Education program cut from College of the North Atlantic! No cost of living raises for anyone! If we don't take care of the sick, the poor and the illiterate, what's the point in having oil and hydro?

• West coaster
    March 27, 2013 - 10:29

When Debbie Cooper asked Dwight Ball what he would have done in the budget, he couldn't answer and she asked him the second time and he still couldn't tell the answer. I guess he to had no solution! Come on Dwight, give us some answers!

• Corner B'y Tom
    March 27, 2013 - 09:42

Any layoffs at the Elite Guardian Office of NL aka The Office of the Rural Secretariat, saviors of rural NL? Doubt it. What's the average salary of those think tankers up there? $100,000+?

• Original Proud Bayman
    March 27, 2013 - 09:27

As you state in your disclaimer; I will be courteous...I'm not sure about parties in opposition having plans...but by virtual of the name "it is opposition"! Now for the gist of my comments; I don't see much of a plan as put forward by Dunderdale, Kennedy, etal; other than everything is going to be just great by 2015-2016! If I were to believe this; I would have to have my head stuck in the sand! I've seen these five year plans many times before but surprisingly the base year keeps getting shifted outward and we never see the end of the five year plan! As for government plans to reduce the Cabinet; I heard Felix Collins on an open line show this morning protesting that he was still in the cabinet (ie getting a cabinet salary) but having no cabinet folio! What a way to pad your income; I wonder how many other government employees that have been axed are still getting paid! Wow doesn't this seem ridiculous! I wonder where Felix Collins will pop up in the future in the government's five year plan!

• Bob
    March 27, 2013 - 09:02

An ex-nun can certainly do better than Dunderdale,an ex....???? did she even have a real job before or any kind of qualifications or education???

• Bonnie
    March 27, 2013 - 08:18

Its the Same Old Sameo, the rich get rich (or they stay rich) and the poor get poorer. Any help for seniors? Didn't think so. Dark, dark days ahead when our province is supposed to be booming.

• Protocol Advisor
    March 27, 2013 - 07:43

Is the Premier's $140 thousand a year Protocol Advisor one of the positions being eliminated? Didn't think so. So important to advise the Premier on which fork to use.

• original townie
    March 27, 2013 - 06:43

Lorraine....you state the govt. does not have a plan regarding present and future sourses for new revenue. And your plan is........? I am so tired of your useless comments. They have absolutely no base. Maybe if you brought a plan to the table when you open your mouth, people would take you seriously. Please do not vote NDP next election. If you think it can't get worse, you will be mistaken. An ex - nun running the province.....please no.

• None of the Above
      March 27, 2013 - 09:08

I am voting none of the above. Lorraine likes to hear herself talk..........about nothing. It's her job as the opposition to pick and point out flaws. Yet you are right, she has no solution other than sit back and complain. Useless.