The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary responded to 169 calls for service in a 24-hour period from early Wednesday morning to early Thursday morning.
• At 7 a.m. Wednesday, a 40-year-old man was charged with assault following a traffic complaint in the east end of the city. The man was released to appear in court at a later date. Police said the complainant suffered no serious injuries.
Around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, RNC officers arrested a 74-year-old man for criminal harassment. He was held in custody until a court appearance.
• On Wednesday, at 3 p.m., RNC patrol officers responded to a report of a break and entry in the area of Seal Cove, Conception Bay South.
Upon arrival, police arrested and charged a 60-year -old man for theft and possession of property obtained by crime. The suspect was released to appear in court at a later date.
• A 40-year-old man was charged with theft under $5,000 and released to appear in court at a later date.
• A 39-year-old woman was charged with theft under $5,000 and released to appear in court at a later date.
• A 35-year-old man was arrested for theft from a St. John's centre-city supermarket. Police say this was the third time this week the man had been apprehended for theft. He was detained to appear in court Thursday morning.
• RNC officers also noticed a suspicious looking man in the Corey King Drive area of Mount Pearl and upon investigation, it was discovered the man was on curfew from the court and was breaching this order. He was arrested and charged with breaching his recognizance and held for court Thursday morning.
• Late Wednesday, a female youth was arrested for being unlawfully at large and brought to the Whitbourne Youth Centre for a court appearance at a later time.
• Early Thursday morning RNC Officers responded to the Crosbie Road area of St. John’s and arrested a male youth for breaching court orders. He is currently being detained at the Whitbourne Youth Centre and was to appear in court Thursday morning.