Comments

Comments

• Marc Leclerc
    April 15, 2013 - 10:17

Transformers can fail, and often when they fail they can explode violently. There have been recent incidents in the news of people being badly burned or killed because they were too near an exploding transformer. Imagine what would happen if the transformer failed violently during a school recess, when surrounded by dozens of school children. They would all be pelted with the burning oil spewing from the transformer. This is NOT a safe location for such an installation.

• Molly
    April 14, 2013 - 10:16

Bus the kids to another school, like is done in many areas,sell the land to a developer to build condominiums

• Richie
    April 14, 2013 - 08:33

Folks, Please be aware that there are loads of studies that support the fact that the rate of lukemia is higher in children who are exposed to electrical transmission equipment. Search the Internet. Such studies have been done in Canada as well, specifically Ontario. It seems the magnetic field around electical current is the culprit. Transformers are major sources of electrical fields, it's constant! The fields, especially in AC current, are constantly in motion. THIS is a serious concern. Please, read, research!

• W Bagg
    April 13, 2013 - 11:06

They know when Muskrat comes on-line they can't afford electric heat, so they switching to a furnace to save money.

• Rose
    April 13, 2013 - 10:17

I'm actually surprised by reading this article. My husband and I were walking around Bishop Field not too long ago and were commenting on the abysmal "playground". I stood and stared at it for a moment and actually wondered if it was indeed supposed to be a playground. Where are the swings, slides, climbing structures? Where is the soccer field? I don't know the enrolment numbers at Bishop Field, but I can't see how one child could enjoyably play on the school grounds, let alone hundreds! This is a school. It is not a Republic of Doyle set. A playground is important. I understand that upgraded electricity is also important, but if both cannot be provided, then perhaps Bishop Field shouldn't be an elementary school.

• Todd
    April 13, 2013 - 08:16

As a home owner in the neighbour hood I did not receive a notice from the city of this taking place as I should had? I also raised money to keep the grounds safe and reliable for my child and others to come to use for play time and leisure. Judy Puddester is a joke. Same olde stuff, just a different day and time? This land belongs to the children....it's THEIR play space!

• Ryan
      April 13, 2013 - 23:12

Actually no the land doesn't belong to the children. The land is owned by the eastern school district.