Comments

Comments

• Marc
    April 16, 2013 - 15:22

We have to remember that for every one person running from the area, there were hundreds of people rushing in to help.

• Chris
    April 16, 2013 - 14:10

You self-righteous clowns don't get sarcasm, do you?

• As surprised
    April 16, 2013 - 13:46

I agree 100%. Thankfully the Telegram has since updated the story a number of times. I woke up this morning to hear about 3 dead and 145 injured, I go to the telegram website, click on the story and read where to find the best hot chocolate in Boston! At least their follow up gave this significant news story the respect it deserves.

• Gail
    April 16, 2013 - 10:19

This story has nothing to do with a runner having trouble finding a cab in the middle of all the chaos. This story is about the chaos and not knowing what if anything else is going to happen at that particular moment in time. This is one event that this runner, along with people all over the world, will be questioning for a long time to come.

• Elizabeth
    April 16, 2013 - 10:12

I think Chris means that had there not been a Newfoundlander there The Telegram would never have run a story on it. I agree. I mean, come on!!! This "life coach" was sounding more upset at having his "rush" at finishing the marathon ruined and missing out on his cup of hot chocolate. In this article I felt no empathy for the victims whatsoever! “We just wanted to get away,” he said. “But I’d just run a marathon. I couldn’t walk very fast.” and “I mean, you start the day with anticipation, you run the Boston Marathon and it’s one of the most joyful moments in your life and then this happens." Come on telegram...we don't need to read drivel from a fellow newfie just because he was there, we want to read the facts and some good professional reporting. Thank you!

• karin
    April 16, 2013 - 08:48

Really Chris??? How awful, you could think such a cold and cynical thing???? "A non-story"?????? With or without the presence of newfoundlanders, what happened in Boston yesterday was a horrible, senseless act...........and your comment proves that there are senseless people everywhere!!! SHAME!!

• Ryan Summers
    April 16, 2013 - 08:41

The article includes photos of a man with his legs blown off and they interview a runner who had trouble finding a cab. Poor show Telegram.

• Chris
    April 16, 2013 - 07:26

"It was chaos" It's a good thing there were Newfoundlanders there, otherwise the whole thing would have been a non-story.

• Come on
      April 16, 2013 - 08:17

Chris have some sympathy. people died.

• Robert
      April 16, 2013 - 08:47

It is most important that Mr. Stratton express his emotions regarding his own trauma in order for his healing to begin. Your negative spin does nothing to help!

• M&M
      April 16, 2013 - 09:21

I believe the telegram would have mentioned it. If not online than in the full edition. It would not have been classified under "local" if not for the Newfoundlanders and made available online, probably...