Comments

Comments

• Nflder in Texas
    April 28, 2013 - 22:12

You should be thankful that this is the limit to the crime in St. John's and the metro area. Would you be happier if the RNC were chasing gang members, killers and rapists? Perhaps responding to car jackings or drive by shootings? Maybe then they could earn all that money.

• Ed Power
    April 28, 2013 - 10:46

And a few short years ago, when the RNC were lucky to have one car on the road at night between Pouch Cove and Seal Cove, I imagine that Sean was quite happy with the state of Police Services on the NE Avalon. It's a funny thing about policing, the people that will bitch the loudest about the cost of the service, and whine about how the Police do they their jobs, will also be the ones screaming the loudest when there isn't a Police Officer around when THEY need one.

• jumbo
    April 27, 2013 - 22:32

When we first-up in our lives these people intervene to help. All of the events mentioned can take years to work out. The work done by the RNC benefits all of us offender and victim. Live long enough and you may be both. I have been in both situations, hammered in a ditch and sitting in my back yard holding my wife as she went into shock from a gardening accident. The sirens sound the same. Thank god they are here.

• Sean
    April 27, 2013 - 16:27

This is embarrassing to call this a busy night for Police, especially for what they get paid. I know we are not a huge city, but we are not a small town either. Put these RNC in NYC or LA and they wouldn't last a week. Everybody else has to strike to try and get a raise, but for some reason the government always buckles under to this police force, WHY???????

• Danny
      April 28, 2013 - 00:48

This is a small city.200,000 or so ppl where you pretty much run into someone you know on a daily basis.

S Redgrave
      April 28, 2013 - 09:13

My son was in St John's visiting from Toronto (I raised him in Calgary and Toronto) We were out playing pool one evening as a family group. My son 29, came back from the washroom and said "Dad those guys over there want to fight me" I replied, "don't worry David, this is Newfoundland , nobody carries a gun so they still fight in the bars and stab each other" My son said "nobody fights in the bars in Toronto or Calgary anymore because you never know if they have a gun" we just walk away.