Comments

Comments

• Florence Tuck
    May 02, 2013 - 08:45

It's so good to hear a happy ending story, I wish they all were so lucky. I"ve spent my life helping animals as well, and wanted to pass on thanks to the lady who reported the abuse, and to you LIndsey~ God Bless you! hugs for Lady!

• Another Leah G.
    April 29, 2013 - 15:35

THANK YOU.....ANGEL "LADY". GOD BLESS YOU.

• Dog Lover
    April 29, 2013 - 12:44

As soon as I heard about this dog, I started looking to see if she has been adopted, if not, I would have for sure. A big thank you to all the pet lovers out there. She is looking so beautiful and happy, makes me cry. This man should be taken and tied to a tree himself, with no food, or love, or attention. God, its a good thing I dont know this man personally.

• leah
    April 29, 2013 - 09:55

HSLAW That abt. sums it all up-sadley you are right.But we have to try, maybe the right person in court will finally step up to the plate and punish the the quilty.We as the public should have a protest and demand better of the court system.

• leah
    April 29, 2013 - 09:49

So happy for Lindsey and her new dog Lady,I had shivers reading this story.It is so nice to have a happy ending to a tragic story like this.There are far too many stories like this in NL alone with suffering animals-the courts need to get with the times and punish these people,the minute you do this to a animal yours rights should be taken away no ands or buts.Christerpher said the dog wouldnt gain weight--certaily not true when Lindsay achived the dogs weight at 65 lbs--so the dog was certainly tied to a tree and starved purposely.Come on courts get some backbone and punish these people. Lindsy is an angel and so happy for her family.I have 2 cats and my next pet will be to save an animal from a shelter indeed.Please people save a life.

• hslaw
    April 29, 2013 - 09:42

I will guess this person on trail will get a fine that won't be paid he will get a lecture and that will go unheeded As sad as this story is and as bad as the dog suffered this is all a joke All the expense of a trial and to get a fine that will not be paid.It would have been just as well to take the dog from the man and be done with .

• So beautiful
    April 29, 2013 - 09:39

This story brought tears to my eyes. Such a happy ever after for this dog and your family!! :)

• Duffy
    April 29, 2013 - 09:19

If I were to put my honest thoughts here, this would not be posted. I just hope "the leach that starved her gets his" in the end. Thank you to the beautiful woman that took her for her last few years.

• Elaine
    April 29, 2013 - 08:56

Lindsay, you are this dog's angel and she will be forever grateful to you. If only other people cared so much about an innocent animal. If the law doesn't set a precedent for those that neglect and abuse their animals, then unfortunately these idiots will continue to mistreat an animal. We have to be their voice as they cannot speak for themselves. Thanks so much for helping and saving Lady. It's good to know that there are those who truly have a big heart like you!

• Cher
    April 29, 2013 - 08:29

Thank you for taking care of Lady. You are a kind-hearted person. I hope a lifetime of good fortune and happiness comes to you. You deserve it!

• Tiffany
    April 29, 2013 - 08:22

This is a very heartwarming story and although very sad regarding Lady's early life, I am very happy to see her go to a loving home, which every single animal, no matter the size or type, deserves to have. Too bad the government don't step up and increase the punishments to fit a crime such as this!

• Dani
    April 29, 2013 - 08:19

Kudos to you Lindsay. It appears as if Lady now has a happy, safe, loving, forever home. She looks so happy in the pic. You've done an amazing job!

• willie
    April 29, 2013 - 07:53

great story i wish there were more of them.it goes to show that the way a dog is treated the nicer they are not CHAINED to a fence 50 ft from your house just to say you have a dog,that just don't cut it. All that a dog needs is love and affection as they give it as well.

• That guy
    April 29, 2013 - 07:05

Kudos to this lady. This particular breed have a stigma attached to them for many people which I believe to be unfair and undeserved. Good on her to offer her home to a creature in need. If you want to get a cat or dog, look into adoption people and for gods sake, get your pets fixed. If you can't afford to get them fixed and pay for emergency vet visits, don't get one!