Comments

Comments

• Joe
    May 02, 2013 - 08:58

Can't wait to see it. Rumor has it, the name will be TWIN RINKS 2. Note the sarcasm.

• Resident of Paradise
    May 02, 2013 - 07:43

This is great news for the Town of Paradise. As a resident, with a young family, I am delighted to finally see some infrastructure to support the health and wellness of its people.....Hopefully with continued growth in the town and additional funding we will see the necessary ammenities to properly support a young population. A Fire Department is in the works....keep it coming!!!

• Darryl
    May 02, 2013 - 02:42

I'm to the point now where I can't even read the comments on these articles anymore. People will complain about ANYTHING. No matter what kind of good news the Telegram delivers somebody will always get on here complaining about it.

• Phil
    May 01, 2013 - 15:31

I live in Paradise and I would have rather seen the money go towards a Fire Dept over a double ice rink! If we had to put something like this in Paradise, why did it have to be two rinks? Why couldn't it have had a pool? Maybe the priorities are focused elsewhere.

• Tony Rockel
    May 01, 2013 - 14:35

The self-congratulating puffery of the PC hierarchy is totally nauseating. They'd be making speeches like this if they were opening a lemon aid stand. Please pass me the Gravol.

• Naysayer
    May 01, 2013 - 13:31

Nice to know the people in Paradise can play hockey while others have to look for a job, or boil their water, or travel 2 hours to school etc etc. I think govt has lost sight of what is important.

• Victor
    May 01, 2013 - 13:17

Obviously Robb, you don't work with government or are you a political appointment? There are alot of families struggling to find jobs and keep a roof over their heads because of the cuts. I'm sure they're not too concerned about an arena at this point in time. Maybe you're just one of those "rink rats" with nothing else to do!

• RObb
    May 01, 2013 - 12:28

Now, where are all the naysayers.........I can't wait to see all the comments like, oh they can put money into this, but they lay off some public sector workers......anything good like this infrastructure has to be turned into something bad by the ndp and liberals....there is no way that they could mutter the words, hey good job govt......but, small minds can never see the big picture.