Comments

Comments

• Bert
    May 12, 2013 - 11:46

People please do not pre-judge this very unfortunate accident. The driver must being going through a very rough time that will affect the rest of his life. I know it's too late for the victim and his family but let the investigation take its course.

• Leah
    May 10, 2013 - 12:57

My deepest heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of this man. I can relate somewhat in that it happened to my very good friend almost four years ago. It is difficult enough just walking around in St. John's and areas but it must be extremely so in a wheelchair. Most of us take our blessings so much for granted. God bless you.

• x-hell pipes
    May 10, 2013 - 08:05

at times, it looks as if you have arrived in alberta, due to the amount of pick-ups on the road. erase your own identity and take on another.

• JJT
    May 09, 2013 - 23:58

Just one of the many local superheroes in pickup trucks bombing around. Combine that with the epidemic red-light-running that is plaguing the Avalon now and it's a wonder that the streets aren't awash in blood.

• wavy
      May 10, 2013 - 07:52

Yup- not knowing the facts of this particular case aside, I would say that's a reasonably accurate statement. Although, here in CBS, we have the added peril of the local youth out bombing, and I mean bombing, around town in anything that has four tires and a stearing wheel, with the mentality speeding: mandatory, safety: optional. And there are always tonnes of pedestrians out and about in CBS. Many elementary and secondary schools, and their respective crosswalk and school slow-down 40km/h zones, are right on CBS/ Topsail Highway. It's a lethal concoction of factors.

• David Wilson
    May 09, 2013 - 15:13

My sincere condolences to the family of the deceased. Shame on the Town of Paradise for not having sidewalks for the gentleman to drive his wheelchair on. Very poor development planning.