Comments

Comments

• Anna
    May 14, 2013 - 08:59

This happens because the dummy waiting for the arrow takes about five arrows before he/she finally makes the turn, this enrages the other people behind him and they all go through the red light because they don't want to wait for the next one. I see it all the time on Torbay Road/NL Drive by McDonalds. If people paid attention and moved on the first arrow it would make traffic move faster and you wouldn't have a bunch of idiots going through the light. We need more police patrolling the streets to ticket these idiots.

• courier
    May 13, 2013 - 21:04

traffic advicated left turn signal's are very dangerous.they dont work for one or two cars .which cause someone to run the left turn . i see it every day in st.john's and mt.pearl.

• gladi left tge city
    May 13, 2013 - 17:07

I'll say it again. That city has the worst drivers. I left last month and my auto insurance was cut in half.

• Ger
    May 13, 2013 - 16:01

Seems to be a lot of blame on the police and intersections etc. Drivers are always trying to beat the lights and NOT paying attention to the roads. The drivers are the only ones to blame. If there is an accident, then someone screwed up-- not the police, not the roads--THE DRIVERS.................

• Townie
    May 13, 2013 - 14:46

I drive through this intersection everyday going to and from work. I cannot count the number of times I have seen someone go through a red light here long after the opposite traffic has the green. Put that on top of the fact that all turn lanes are blind to oncoming traffic when someone opposed to them is in the turn lane and you have a recipe for disaster. No one takes the time or has any restraint when they cannot see what is coming - they just power on through and hope for the best. I think there needs to be something done to redesign this intersection like they did with Prince Philip and Allandale a few years back before someone is seriously injured. Perhaps making a dedicated turn light there so that people have only limited time to turn and cannot turn on the green after the arrow would solve some of the issues. There are many problematic intersections along the "cross-town" (intersection at Mundy Pond is another). One can only hope that the city will re-evaluate the traffic system and reassess the lights in these times of increased volume before too many are seriously injured or killed.

• W BAgg
    May 13, 2013 - 11:58

red light roulette here in St. John's, yellow meand give er and ya got 3-5 secs on reds apparently

• tom
    May 13, 2013 - 11:40

Big shock. I had 5 people pass me on their phones yesterday in an 8 minute drive. Not one cop did I see. Until the RNC is visible on the roads, then accidents are going to continue to rise. Simple.

• Jody
      May 13, 2013 - 15:43

Cool! Where can I get one of these ride on phones?

• S T
      October 29, 2013 - 18:09

It's not funny Jody. People are injured because of distracted driving.

• kua mulan
    May 13, 2013 - 11:18

thank Goodness no one is seriously injured....we can all soon proceed with the most exalt of senses driving our non winged low flying super powered battlecraft along our Columbus airfield.