Comments

Comments

• Helen Clarke.
    June 05, 2013 - 08:36

We visit there Yesterday on our way to Conception Bay.We did not have time to Tour the Grounds but it all looks Beautiful.I wished You all the best in Your Endeavours . A big Task to take on but I am sure You can fill the Shoes.Best of Luck see You sometime down the Road.I have already shared a few Pictures of Your Beautiful place.

• ramona
    June 01, 2013 - 14:03

so nice to see the lovely pics included with this story!

• Wendy
    May 31, 2013 - 22:03

So happy that you were able to turn the Boddies property into something that so many people with get to enjoy and benefit from. Years ago my father, Jack Brookings and his dear friend John Hopkins worked on the Boddie farm. Tending to the property, animals, garden, doing mason work and general jack-of-all-trades sort of tasks. John stayed on working longer than my father. But I know, from listening to the stories my father shared, both men respected the Boddies and respected their land. This is a very good thing you're doing. Thank you so much!

• Stay-cation
    May 31, 2013 - 17:36

I had the pleasure of staying there the past two years and I have to say it is amazing! So excited to hear its open again, I will be back:)

• Lynette
    May 31, 2013 - 08:07

I had the pleasure to tour the property yesterday and it is breath taking. Congrats to the new owners. I have no doubt that they will make The Doctors House a number one destination in the world. Can't wait to see it again.

• Strickland
    May 30, 2013 - 14:42

I commend this couple for keeping the grand old property vibrant. I do hope someone in the Tourist boards and government can resolve some of the transportation issues in this Province. If you have not got your rental car booked by March or April for a July or August pickup, then tourists find it really, really hard to get out to Whiteway and other places. This week, the fancy new hotel opens on Fogo Island, but you can't make reservations for the ferry ride over and the schedule is iffy. Tourists who spend big dollars expect a certain amount of transportation ease when trying to visit the places those award winning TV ads boast about.

• CORINNE
      May 31, 2013 - 19:47

It's a shame to hear it's so difficult to rent a car here in summer?! I'd be happy to drive tourists around! Maybe The Doctor's House couple could acquire a 7 passenger van and offer an airport pickup and shuttle service as a value added feature on their lovely website? I noticed the Doctor's House had a Groupon out recently for their spa, and I also saw recently a Groupon for Rodrigues Winery, not far from Doctor's House. A passenger van could certainly come in handy transporting wine lovers 20 minutes to spa luxury without the worry of drinking and driving! Just a thought for the Doctor's House couple - good luck on your new business!

• david
    May 30, 2013 - 11:55

Ah...Danny's Newfoundland Tourism Investment Tax Credit scheme claimed another half-baked idea....how many is that now? How many millions of dollars wasted and burnt chasing the 'tax tail' ? BTW, chalking it up to a "world real estate collapse" that never actually happened anywhere in Canada, and quite certainly not in Newfoundland?! (Well, not yet anyway).

• Robert
      May 30, 2013 - 20:39

My David you have so many "positive" things to say about something you obviously know nothing about that most won't even pay any attention to what you said or how you said it. So why did you bother? If I thought this place offered so little opportunity as you do I would leave! Please close the door after you leave!