Comments

Comments

• me
    October 04, 2013 - 16:41

I am going through something like this now. I will tell you something that people don't know about CYFS if anything happenes to a child and they get involved you are guilty and that's the bottom line. They only need to prove "something happened" and that's all, they don't have to prove how it happened, when it happened, or who did it just "something happened".

• Sue Luttner
    June 17, 2013 - 18:30

Thank you for this sensitive treatment of a difficult topic. To answer one of the posted comments: Thousands of families have been wrongly accused of shaking their infants. Difficult as it is to believe if you haven't seen it yourself, doctors working with a flawed model of infant head injury have been over-diagnosing child abuse by shaking for 30 years and counting. I am so glad to see a story that seems to be heading toward exoneration. For the story of another family eventually cleared of shaking allegations, please see http://onsbs.com/prologue/

• malka
    June 16, 2013 - 00:24

I renewed my CPR/First Aid certificate. I was told that ALL SIDS cases are treated primarily as homocides with the parents as the primary suspects. I went through something similar 21 yrs ago; I was not the last person to care for my son. The police lied on their report - I made a report to Internal Affairs about it and nothing was done. You need a tight family behind you, a good lawyer, facts, a good pediatrician. I did and still it was hell. However, I rarely discussed the problem outside of my circle because most people think that if you have nothing to hide, why not work with CPS? They are vipers that is why.

• crista
    June 15, 2013 - 11:06

What are they going to say it DO NOT go on???? and they can defend muskrat falls and make excuses for every thing the governments and not only the government does speak about it let them have a chance to speak about this and not only this article,let them have a press release about what has gone on and what gets done????this article seems to be as important as the the big deals and the hard taxpayers dollars???? or is this not an issue it has to do with justice and laws and rights and government services let them speak out and give them a chance to defend them selves????waiting on justice in part ????

• Karen
    June 15, 2013 - 10:59

Feel confident that there is another side t this story ! will your article interview both sides ? Can't understand why the entire system (hospital staff, CYFS and law enforcement) would be wanting or remove the child if they didn't feel the child was at risk.

• M
    June 15, 2013 - 09:59

To George - The RNC are doing the due diligence - and suing CYFS is not an easy task as their legislation allows them to violate families in the most awful of ways. Our experience with the RNC was a positive one in the end after a 4 month investigation - CYFS dragged it on for another 22 months with the same result as the RNC.

• M
    June 15, 2013 - 09:54

My family went through a similar situation in 2008. I learned quickly that there is no "innocent" in the eyes of CYFS. They tie the hands of the police and the courts with bullcrap legislation and a one-way line of communication. You are guilty until "less guilty". Heaven help you if you are a mother in the crosshairs! The "Shirley Turner Syndrome" is still rampant in the Department and workers are more often concerned with covering their butts than finding the truth. We watched the responsible party get away with it because CYFS was so narrow-minded. My family can sympathize with 'Sharon' - I suffer from PTSD and my family has never been the same.

• saelcove
    June 15, 2013 - 09:41

in the eyes of the police we are all guilty until proven innocent unless you are a cop then it,s innocent until proven guilty

• Dave Adey
    June 15, 2013 - 08:56

It really makes you wonder exactly how many other people go through the same thing? How many families are devastated and destroyed by a cold hearted system? Instead of seeking answers and helping this woman and her child, they instead proceed to tear her apart and turn her into a criminal. Every so often a story is presented to us from a few that are brave enough to speak up and desperate enough to seek help from the public. Her life is in ruins; baby is gone, financial ruination and mentally tortured. No doubt some family and friends are all that this woman has to hold to, to keep her sanity. Our justice system plays a game where they spin a wheel, if it stops on your name then you will be pursued and persecuted by the arms of this government until they have totally destroyed you. I hope some people get a good taste of karma.

• Colleen Stamp
    June 15, 2013 - 08:38

Pam, That article hit directly home to me, with the exact same thing happening to me. If it would be helpful, I could tell you my story also. I wonder if you are going to receive much feedback. Very good article.

• George
    June 15, 2013 - 08:34

Sue the RNC and Child Protection! Get all the money you need to get life in order again! This happens all to frequently and they need to learn and pay.