Comments

Comments

• Surrounded by Greedy Fools
    July 03, 2013 - 15:55

Maybe James Macleod has not been around the political scene to recognise some of the organisers of Cathy Bennett's campaign team. Team Coady and Team Grimes both led their candidate into political oblivion. Do a story on the campaign team and the public will have a laugh as they try to get back at the trough.

• Little Man Dan
    July 03, 2013 - 14:20

If you don't think I'm still calling the shots and the chief puppeteer, then you're sadly mistaken. Just to recap my appointments and near appointments: I crowned Kathy as premier; nominated da Princess for da board, but had to settle for me brudder; tried to put me buddy Dean at the head of da Liberals, but now I'm planting my fav Nacor puppet, Cathy; now if I could only get a few puppets at city hall in my back pocket, I'll build Dannyworld.....you want more? Believe me, or I'll sue ya!

• Tony Rockel
    July 03, 2013 - 12:23

Another political opportunist hoping to give Big Business a hand while she gives us the finger.

• Scott
    July 03, 2013 - 12:22

MORE HARD TIMES AHEAD...FOR OUR PROVINCE OF NL...SO FAR THE LIBERAL STILL DON'T HAVE A CANDIDATES FOR LEADERSHIP...WHATS ARE WE SUPOSE TO DO...VOTE FOR BALL...JIM BENNETT IS SO FAR OUT IN THE FIELD...HE DON'T KNOW IF HE COMING OR GOING...MR DANNY D...HE JUST PLAIN LOST

• JM
    July 03, 2013 - 12:11

Bennett supported Muskrat Falls. This alone causes me to view her with caution. However.... lets be objective. She is highly successful business person, with a clear passion for Newfoundland. We should embrace any person with these creds and who has the courage to put this level of public scrutiny upon herself. I think this is a major win for the liberal party to attract someone of this caliber. Lets see what she has to say over the next 3 months.

• Tommy
    July 03, 2013 - 12:07

I don't remember Cathy Burgers ever hiring a student at Mcdonald's for the manager's job off the street. They had to get some relative experience first. I guess Party Leader and Premier is easier than dunking nuggets and flipping burgers. I hope she remembers that when she is begrudgingly paying minimum wage to an over worked staff this summer.

• Kevin
    July 03, 2013 - 12:03

It is ridiculous to even think that this is in any way genuine. She is suddenly a liberal. Too funny. It is a ploy for power and it is clear who it is all for and who it is all about. Will she be handing out Big Macs to liberal voters?

• Michelle
    July 03, 2013 - 11:57

Sure got her backdrop and buttons done fast for a person who supposedly was taking the long weekend to make up her mind. Liar and a fraud in my humble opinion.

• whatever bud
    July 03, 2013 - 11:56

I thought she was buddies with the other Kathy,maybe the two Ckathies are conspiring because they figure the NDP won't get elected. TIme for a shake up. I'd vote a cockroach before I would vote for either of these clowns in 2015.

• Lilly
    July 03, 2013 - 11:55

After hearing from Mr. Bennett, Ms. Bennett and Mr. Dumaresque (No one has heard anything from Mr. Ball) I cannot imagine how Ms.Bennett thinks her qualifications stack up. Mr. Bennett and Mr. Dumaresque both have MHA experience, Mr. Dumaresque has actual government experience and Ms. Bennett owns a few fast food restaurants. I am not sure why she doesn't think experience matters but I am not willing to gamble on her. Not with her pc attitude. There is a reason Dunderdale is down in the polls and I think one cathy is as bad as the other.

• Fat Tony
    July 03, 2013 - 11:48

Let me get this straight - she has a 'fire in her belly' but needed encouragement and consultation to run? With whom did she consult - Danny Williams? I think the fire in her belly is from too many McDonald's fries, not a love of the province.

• jimmy
    July 03, 2013 - 11:42

She supports immigration. Of course, as she is in favor of bringing in foreign workers to replace Newfoundlanders. If anybody cannot see that she is trying to protect the power handle that her Tory friends have as they know the PC's are spiraling then they are not looking. This is insulting to not only Liberals but to everyone in newfoundland. they think we are just that stupid. i hope bennett and her buddies from the pc party are booted. Come on NL - we are better than this.

• Happily Retired
    July 03, 2013 - 11:08

It looks like the old time Liberal cronies who were booted out, but who won't leave would rather wallow in the muck and complain about the future than try to win. If she wins the leadership, she should clean house in the same way that Danny did with the old Peckford cronies

• former conservative
    July 03, 2013 - 10:54

Another board of trade flunky trying to make the rich even richer and keep the rest of us in the poor house. A big mistake by the Liberals if they choose Bennett as leader.

• Fred Penner
      July 03, 2013 - 11:26

Just curious...I get up and go to work every day, I go home and walk the dog or whatever...in short, I live my life. I have never blamed or credited anyone but myself for my lot in life and so I ask you: who is keeping you in the poor house and how are they keeping you there? The only person in control of your life is you.

• PhilE
    July 03, 2013 - 10:53

Delusional... After supporting the Cons and sitting on Nalcor, and having no political experience whatsoever, she thinks she can successfully run for the Liberals. Why would any Liberals want her. For that matter, why would the public support her. Rich opportunist looking for a power grab and switching allegiance when it suits her. Not a sign of integrity.

• Cyril Rogers
    July 03, 2013 - 10:38

It seems to me that Ms Bennett would be better advised to seek the leadership of the PC Party...when it becomes available in the near future. Her approach to development, her business interests, her attitude toward workers...all point to a fit with what the PC's are supposed to be all about. If Liberals are inclined to select MS Bennett as their leader, they may as well write off any other area than the Avalon and any future outside the oil industry and corporate means of doing business....none of this will in any way invigorate the rural parts of the province and only exacerbate the gap between the haves and the have nots.

• from the lady who said
    July 03, 2013 - 10:17

from the lady who complained about the minimum wage being too high; from a industry that rings in foreigners to work at a fast food takeout; she says; GIVE A VOICE TO THOSE WHO DONT HAVE A VOICE" whom; in the name of god in heaven is she talking about; those poor down and out members of st johns board of trade; the horror ; the shame; those down trodden; at deaths door; hard done by millionarries; Oh pityful me; i cant figure this lady out; she courts favour with Danny Williams and Dunderdale; and now all of a sudden she's a LIBERAL leader in waiting; she didnt want to be a big shot cabinent minister and servce with danny williams or dunderdale; she WANT TO BE THE GRAND POOBA; PREMIER; the top job; she's 100 percent FOR the muskrat falls deal and wants to lead a party that is 100 percent AGAINST muskrat falls; can some in the esteem media ask her this question; how does she SQUARE this CIRCLE; and dont let her answer with GOOBLY GOOK stuff; really nfld lab politcs are simpy amazing; almost unbelievable to watch; when is BRAD the CABanator announcing his run for liberal top job; if jim bennett can get 10 people and press conference in cbrook; (Brad should be able to get a closet full of supporters....how can this liberal party form the next government with not one; none; nil SEATS east of deer lake; thats about 450,000 people who have no interest in liberal party; LIBERALS had lowest total votes in their history in 2011 election; less than 50,000 people voted RED in last election