UPDATE: RCMP responds to bomb threat at Bull Arm

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Bomb threat at Hebron construction site - Telegram file phoo

A bomb threat was received by Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors at the Bull Arm industrial fabrication site Tuesday.

Bill Hickey, company spokesman, confirmed Tuesday evening  a bomb threat had been called in and the RCMP was notified.

“We mustered our team to inform them of the threat, and asked that they report anything suspicious. The RCMP are currently on site investigating and we will continue to assist the RCMP with the investigation,” Hickey said in an email. In a later email he said,  “The RCMP, with assistance of a police dog, performed a thorough search of the site. They determined there was no unusual or suspicious material or activity.”

Kiewit-Kvaerner was awarded a contract by ExxonMobil Canada Properties for the design, procurement, construction and installation of the Hebron gravity base structure. Bull Arm is one of the main construction sites for the Hebron Project. It is where  the Hebron platform will be assembled.

-----------

Earlier story:

The Telegram is looking into multiple reports of a bomb threat at the Bull Arm Fabrication Site, where construction for the Hebron offshore oil project is underway. The reports were not immediately confirmed by a spokeswoman for ExxonMobil, but she said she would speak to lead contractor KKC and provide response as soon as possible to claims the site was evacuated in response to the bomb threat. More to come.

Organizations: ExxonMobil

Geographic location: Hebron

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • jim
    July 23, 2013 - 21:20

    if this is about foreign workers cathy burgers mcdonalds might get a call too!