The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is investigating an armed robbery early this morning in St. John's.
According to police, around 3:55 a.m., an armed robbery was reported at a Freshwater Road gas bar.
A lone suspect fled the area on foot.
The RNC is continuing its investigation into the robbery.
The RNC in the Northeast Avalon region responded to 160 calls for service in 24 hours up to early this morning.
• At 6:30 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint of assault in the area of Pasadena Crescent area in St John’s. A 25-year-old man was charged with common assault and released from custody to appear at a later date.
• At 3:36 p.m. Sunday, members responded to a complaint of a break and entry in progress at a residence in the west end of St John’s. This resulted in a 33-year-old man being arrested at the scene and charged with break, entry and theft. He was held in custody until a court appearance.
• At 5:03 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a complaint of an intoxicated male at a downtown club in St John’s. A 39-year-old man was charged with breach of a court order. He was detained until a court appearance.
• At 10 p.m. Sunday, police responded to a call on Cashin Avenue in St. John's where a 40-year-old man was located in breach of court orders He was arrested and charged with three breaches of recognizance and one breach of probation. He was held at the city lockup to appear in court this morning.
• Around 10:30 p.m. a traffic stop was conducted on Old Pennywell Road in St. John's, following an anonymous tip from the public.
Police say a 55-year-old man was found to be operating an unregistered, uninsured vehicle without a driver's licence. He was also found to owe more than $10,000 in fines. He was arrested and held for court and the vehicle was impounded.