Truck flips on wet Outer Ring Road in St. John’s

This pickup truck overturned following a single-vehicle accident on the Outer Ring Road Wednesday evening in St. John's.

A pickup truck overturned and landed facing oncoming traffic following a single-vehicle accident in St. John’s early Wednesday evening.

The accident happened in the eastbound lane of the Outer Ring Road close to the Allandale Road turnoff. The black Ford F-150 was navigating a wet highway at the time of the accident, with rain still falling as members of the St. John’s Regional Fire Department and the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary looked after the accident scene.

There were no injuries resulting from the accident, according to an official with the fire department. RNC officers were still speaking with a man at the scene as fire department vehicles left the area shortly after 7:30 p.m.

Organizations: Regional Fire Department

Geographic location: Outer Ring Road, Allandale Road

Comments

Comments

• Eli
    August 15, 2013 - 10:35

To, You Think You Know It All: Ever try slowing down and straddling those ruts? Stupid id'jits fits the bill b'y, d'woods is full of 'em & this one like most others caused me to be late for work.

• You think you know it all
      August 15, 2013 - 11:25

Eli as I said before I do SLOW Down and I do try to straddle those ruts but sometimes when there is alot of rain falling and a lot of water on the roads they can be are hard to advoid. I'm not saying thats what happened here cause I don't know.. Making assumptions and calling people who you do not know stupid or !diots isn't necessary on a news article. Accidents are just that accidents i'm just happy that the driver or no one else was injured.. I'm sure the driver is very sorry that you were late for work.....

• Eli
      August 15, 2013 - 12:04

You might slow down my son but id'jits like this DON'T. And he doesn't give a rat's ass about my being late. Too selfish for that.

• Denise
    August 14, 2013 - 21:47

Men and their trucks. Yes, I said it.

• Again
    August 14, 2013 - 21:01

Can't they understand the words SLOW DOWN ? Maybe it's time RNC get 6-8 cars on the ORR next time it rains

• Robert
    August 14, 2013 - 19:18

Do any of these people ever sit back and realize how damn stupid they are? Every time it rains people are flipping their vehicle left, right and center. Of course it must be the governments fault. No wait, Eugene Nippard will find it a way to blame it on the moose, everything is the fault of the moose. Can't drive in rain, pretty sad.

• You think you know it all
      August 15, 2013 - 09:13

I love the way you call people stupid without knowing any facts. I have been on that highway several times in the rain and yes I do SLOW DOWN but if you hit the water filled ruts in the roads no mater how fast you are going its not hard to lose control. Mr. Perfect driver, next time someone has an accident instead of posting a ignorant comment reguarding the way you think the person was driving maybe you should get some facts.