UPDATE: One woman injured in two-vehicle accident on Topsail Road-Columbus Drive

One woman has been sent to hospital with what appear to be non-life-threatening injuries as a result of a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Topsail Road and Columbus Drive around 11 a.m.

Emergency personnel are still at the scene and traffic in the area is moving slowly.

A Jeep Patriot involved in the crash rolled over and came to rest on its wheels. There was extensive damage to the other vehicle, a black Pontiac sedan.

••• Earlier story ••••

Firefighters and ambulance attendants are at the scene of a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Topsail Road and Columbus Drive in St. John’s.

At least one vehicle rolled over several times.

There’s no word on the extent of injuries.

More details when they become available.

Geographic location: Topsail Road

Comments

Comments

• Fred
    August 29, 2013 - 15:07

Was behind woman in Jeep when she pulled out from Shoppers Parking Lot. She did not look, did not touch brakes and was speeding up fast when she got plowed. Lucky she did not kill anyone. Very careless and dumb, probably on cellphone

• me
      August 30, 2013 - 11:35

She didn't get plowed. She plowed me. Yes, she sped up before hitting me. Me and my little girl are lucky to be alive.

• me
    August 28, 2013 - 16:28

Jeep ran red light. My 3-yr old was in the back of my car.

• California Pete from NFLD
    August 28, 2013 - 12:51

Sorry to say but YO is wrong. It is an accident no matter what because it was not intentional by at least on of the partys. I will say they need more than a paint job. Have a safe and nice day

• yo mama
    August 28, 2013 - 10:54

Get it straight Telegram....when 2 or more vehicles collide, it's not an accident. Someone done F'd up.

• Dee
    August 28, 2013 - 10:24

A jeep rolls over several times,how fast was this person going, time for the city or the police to step in here and find out what's going on before that new High School is built,mark my words there will be a kid killed there the first week it opens.

• Cindy
    August 28, 2013 - 09:51

Something needs to be done about this intersection. Making a left onto Topsail Road travelling south on Columbus is dangerous as you cannot see what's coming until you're half way out in the intersection. It should be left turn on arrow only. I'm not sure how many accidents it will take for the city to do something about that!!